Windows 10 Scren saver not working with Nvidia Graphics card

Leland3737

Honorable
Jan 24, 2014
I have windows 10 on my pc an i am trying to get the screensaver to work when i am away. I have done all the updates on my video card an pc but still can not figure the problem out. Current spec are AMD A10-7850k CPU with 16 gig of ram with windows 10 64 bit version. My video card is a Gigabyte gtx-750ti windforce edition. I am running dual monitors with dual DVI connections. any help be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the NVIDIA graphics driver.
- Check Programs and Features and uninstall anything related to NVIDA.
- Next is to download and install the latest graphics driver from the manufacturer site.
- Once installed reboot your laptop for all the changes to take effect.
- After the reboot do test if you'll have the same problem or not.

Hopefully this will help. :)

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

I am a bit confused by what you mean when you say you want the screensaver to work when you are away Did youi .
go to Settings,then personalization, then Lock screen and select screensaver from Drop down menu?.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I had not really looked for one, I used to have way too many of them about 15 years ago when I first got a win 95 PC at work, now my power settings turn monitor off after 10 minutes so I don't have a use for a screensaver anymore. I don't use lock screen either so never seen that short cut to screensaver settings, I don't have option for screensaver in the drop down box, just windows spotlight, slideshow and picture, but as I said, I don't use them anymore.

If I were at work, and this wasn't my own computer, I probably would know these settings.

simonchipmunk

Reputable
Apr 8, 2014

I am sorry, my response was to Leland. But like you, i don't use the screensaver.