[SOLVED] Windows 10 showing wrong readings GPU and CPU?

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
I'm not sure which to believe. I'm aware that task manager shows the wrong info when it comes to the GPU as it shows the GPU being used around 30%-40% on Red Dead Online while getting around 110-130+ FPS with my RTX 3070 all settings maxed 1080p and rivatuner saying I'm using around 97%-99% on the GPU. but when it comes to the CPU, it fluctuates around 34%-40% according to rivatuner but around 55% on task manager. I have an i7 5960X @4.5GHz, which stat is correct?

Solution
I'm not sure which to believe. I'm aware that task manager shows the wrong info when it comes to the GPU as it shows the GPU being used around 30%-40% on Red Dead Online while getting around 110-130+ FPS with my RTX 3070 all settings maxed 1080p and rivatuner saying I'm using around 97%-99% on the GPU. but when it comes to the CPU, it fluctuates around 34%-40% according to rivatuner but around 55% on task manager. I have an i7 5960X @4.5GHz, which stat is correct?

On the cpu side, they are likely measuring different things, Task manager (on the cpu side) is reading total CPU usage, including windows background tasks, whilst Rivatuner may be looking at game usage only. The 97+% usage for the gpu is the main thing, that means you...

On the cpu side, they are likely measuring different things, Task manager (on the cpu side) is reading total CPU usage, including windows background tasks, whilst Rivatuner may be looking at game usage only. The 97+% usage for the gpu is the main thing, that means you are maxing out the capabilities of the graphics card. RDR2 isn't especially cpu heavy so ~50% usage sounds about right.

Solution

MaxTehLegend

Honorable
Nov 20, 2015
On the cpu side, they are likely measuring different things, Task manager (on the cpu side) is reading total CPU usage, including windows background tasks, whilst Rivatuner may be looking at game usage only. The 97+% usage for the gpu is the main thing, that means you are maxing out the capabilities of the graphics card. RDR2 isn't especially cpu heavy so ~50% usage sounds about right.

I figured that, but it says the game itself is using that much, in saint denis my CPU usage went up to around 47%-51% on riva, 60% on the game itself on task manager, 66%-70% total CPU usage