Windows 10 Stuck on “Restoring your previous version of Windows” loop!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 24, 2018
Windows 10 Stuck on “Restoring your previous version of Windows” loop, I was impatient so I restarted it and now it keeps rebooting into the "Restoring your previous version of Windows", then making the computer restart into the same loop, I tried searching it up and there are people claiming to go into WinRE from the login screen but I can't even get to the login screen? Is it possible to get into Safe Mode from the BIOS Menu?

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a boot disk maybe

restarting windows while its doing anything to do with a restore isn't a good move. Its a good way to break windows.

Getting to safe mode from USB is inconsistent, sometimes the start up options menu is there, sometimes it isn't. Here are the instructions so you can try:

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Otherwise do you have anything on C you cannot...

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a boot disk maybe

restarting windows while its doing anything to do with a restore isn't a good move. Its a good way to break windows.

Getting to safe mode from USB is inconsistent, sometimes the start up options menu is there, sometimes it isn't. Here are the instructions so you can try:

boot from installer, on 2nd screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose start up options
hit the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

Otherwise do you have anything on C you cannot afford to lose?
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose command prompt
type notepad will open notepad
go to file>open and it opens file explorer... copy files onto USB or 2nd hdd if you have one.

now actually fixing windows from here? you can try to run a reset. it might work.
change boot order so USB is first, hdd second
boot from installer
on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
choose troubleshoot
choose reset this PC
choose keep files/settings (Files = library folders. Library folders = Documents, pictures, movies, music (the default folders that come with windows). Settings = logins and desktop)
other option is remove all, this takes win 10 back to state it is after a clean install.
Both lose all installed applications

Solution
Mar 27, 2020
HELP, I have the same problemm, afer doing the steps im stuck up in after i choose troubleshoot i dont have the "reset this pc" option, and also i have a problem looking for my files from notepad, it says i dont have any files from my desktop. please help me. thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.