[SOLVED] windows 10 stutter/freeze/lags

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fgutierrez3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
okay, so my problem is whenever I play a game the game stutters, also windows stutters, inputs, and video like youtube etc. I'll try to put as much detail as possible

so for example whenever I play destiny 2 the game goes from 60fps to 12 for a split second. max I've seen is two seconds of freeze/Lag then the game speed up again and whatever input I put in those 2 seconds will happen. so I'm in a 1v1 shooting my enemy then the game suddenly drops from 60 to 12 for 1-2 seconds then stop freezing/stuttering goes from 12 fps to 60fps again this happens a lot. even currently as I type so let's say I'm typing "windows" I would type "win" but it doesn't visually register until like a second or two so this stuttering or input lag happens while in windows idle as well. when watching videos it happens as well. people told me it a ram issue so I upgraded from 1 stick of 8gb 24000mhz to 3000mhz 2 x 8gb 16gbddr4. I updated Amd b450 am4 chipset nothing. I've run standby ram program that clean my standby ram because some people say that is a fix and it did help a little but it still happens I've clean installed my windows and it still happens. I've also suggested the hard drive could be at fault but I use an SSD for my OS so my windows OS shouldn't be affected by 2nd drive, right?
I don't what this is but it's like my whole pc freezes/stutters/lags for 2 seconds in general.

I've been searching for solutions for months and still no solution. I need help and I would much appreciate it if someone helped.

thanks in advance

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Sorry when I'm not gaming
Gpu is 45c
And CPU 34c

When gaming gpu 60-70c
CPU 50-60c
Now, the temperature seems to be ok.
If you can, then try Clean install Windows.
It is most likely to fix your problem. Before you proceed I would like to tell you please make backup of all you data before trying this as it will wipe your data of the drive on which you are going to install fresh Windows.

Fgutierrez3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
I already did a fresh install I've read that it could be a SATA cable problem gonna check later and see if I can find a had that works to eliminate the possibility of being a hhd issue

Fgutierrez3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
okay, update,
I didn't get a new hard drive I've installed windows into my HDD and for some reason, it froze so I then clean installed it back to SSD a couple of things I should mention my HDD was read as SSD by windows disk fragment program (I forgot the name of it). let's assume that was also part of the problem. so I have this clean install, windows set to default normal wallpaper background (this is important). finally, my games and windows as a whole were running better, no stutters at all. The stutter or freeze, the lag was gone after installing 3 fans for cooling, upgrading ram speed and capacity, and a clean install. I was downloading and pick wallpapers. So, I always used windows slide show, because I like a lot of different wallpaper designs. And, the stuttering was back interesting, right? so, I notice if I put windows slide show to change every minute the game & windows would stutter. I've set the slideshow to 5 minutes, 10, etc. That when the pc would stutter. so, with this evidence I believe the cause of my stutter and lag was because of windows slide show I have it off and I have no more stutters/lag/freeze. did anyone know about this?

Fgutierrez3

Honorable
Apr 3, 2015
I feel like the biggest idiot in the world for not realizing this sooner, but it legit never crossed my mind that it was the background changes. Lmao oh well thats experience for me to help someone else I guess.:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.