[SOLVED] Windows 10 suddenly doesn't see Bluetooth adapter.

TechGuy45

Honorable
Dec 25, 2014
So I recently built a compute and the motherboard I purchased came with a wifi/Bluetooth antenna and has worked great since day one. However, today I realized that Windows 10 states that Bluetooth is turned off. I've gone into device manager and it's not detecting any Bluetooth adapter. I've reinstalled both Intel and Asus Bluetooth drivers to no avail. I've updated windows, the chipset drivers, restarting bluetooth services. Everything. And Windows still states that there is no Bluetooth adapter. This morning I had to move my computer and the asus antenna which was still plugged in the back (Dumb I know) fell off the top of the case and was hanging by the connectors. However, I don't know if this is my issue because I still have wifi available. I have even switched the connection pins because I wasn't sure if each connection was specifically for wifi/Bluetooth.

When I enable hidden devices in Device manager, this is what I see:

View: https://imgur.com/V8ZbPXH

At this point I honestly don't know if this is an issue with Windows or with my motherboard. Has anyone had a similar issue with this motherboard?

I forgot to mention but I also double checked to make sure bluetooth was enabled in BIOS.

Here are my specs:
CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x
Motherboard: Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus (with wifi)
RAM: Corsair 3200MHz 2x8GBs DDR4
GPU: MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk.

Last edited:
Solution
Have you checked to see if Bluetooth is enabled in the "Advanced" section of your motherboard BIOS?

1.6.4 - Onboard Devices Configuration
Bluetooth Controller
This item allows you to enable or disable the Bluetooth controller.
Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]

TechGuy45

Honorable
Dec 25, 2014
Have you checked to see if Bluetooth is enabled in the "Advanced" section of your motherboard BIOS?

1.6.4 - Onboard Devices Configuration
Bluetooth Controller
This item allows you to enable or disable the Bluetooth controller.
Configuration options: [Disabled] [Enabled]
Yes I have. Sorry I forgot to mention this in my post.

Solution

TechGuy45

Honorable
Dec 25, 2014
Try the suggestion in this reddit post;
"That happened to me. Assuming BT/wireless is enabled in BIOS, try shutting down and unplugging the pc for a few minutes. This solved it for me and some others here, and I haven't had the issue since. (I think it's important that it is completely unplugged)"

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/ASUS/comments/gw17o7/asus_x570_tuf_gaming_plus_wifi_bluetooth_issues/
Thank you so much! I tried the the driver someone linked in there and bluetooth was actually showing up in device manager. I had to disable it and re-enable it but its working now. Thanks again!

TRENDING THREADS