[SOLVED] Windows 10 tablet configuration disables keyboard. This wouldn't be a problem, but the computer keeps falsely assuming it's in tablet configuration.

jadenwoolworth

Reputable
Sep 24, 2017
My Samsung Notebook Flip 9 is a little confused with tablet configuration and keeps falsely throwing me into tablet mode when I open the lid after random intervals. You can keep it from entering tablet mode which is fine for me, but when it thinks it is in tablet "configuration" but not in tablet mode it still decides to disable your keyboard. Is there any way to prevent the detection of tablet configuration entirely?

The biggest issue is I can't return to laptop mode without restarting the computer.

Solution
My Samsung Notebook Flip 9 is a little confused with tablet configuration and keeps falsely throwing me into tablet mode when I open the lid after random intervals. You can keep it from entering tablet mode which is fine for me, but when it thinks it is in tablet "configuration" but not in tablet mode it still decides to disable your keyboard. Is there any way to prevent the detection of tablet configuration entirely?

The biggest issue is I can't return to laptop mode without restarting the computer.
To prevent the computer from switching to tablet mode, click the Start menu, click the Settings icon (gear), select Tablet (left pane) and on the right pane, under When I sign in, select Never use tablet...

To prevent the computer from switching to tablet mode, click the Start menu, click the Settings icon (gear), select Tablet (left pane) and on the right pane, under When I sign in, select Never use tablet mode.
Also you could set it that it will ask you before it switches.
Under When I use this device as a tablet select Ask me before switching modes from the drop-down menu.

By the way, you do not need to restart, you could turn off and on tablet mode from the notification icon at the end of the Taskbar (the icon to the right of the date and time).
If you don't see the Tablet icon after clicking the notification icon, click on Expand and it will show the rest of the icons.
Also, right-clicking the Table icon will show the Tablet mode settings.

Solution