News Windows 10 Up Force Installs Health Check for Windows 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please do update us if Microsoft realizes how much of a D move this is.

I had a similar situation with Google and Drive. They forcefully installed it without me accepting anything or even being asked about it. Their current "Backup and Sync" is pretty much useless unless I install the new software, but it's not even half as functional!

These sort of things make me really salty.

Regards.

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
Classic bloatware. Its relatively small compared to some other instances, but still, its things like this that are what make people re-consider switching to Macs or installing Linux.

Nobody enjoys having things done to them against their will, and when you make people feel bad they always remember how you made them feel.

coloradoblah

Reputable
Sep 2, 2020
Classic bloatware. Its relatively small compared to some other instances, but still, its things like this that are what make people re-consider switching to Macs or installing Linux.

Nobody enjoys having things done to them against their will, and when you make people feel bad they always remember how you made them feel.

Stockholm Syndrome?

durahl

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2011

So a kinda mandatory utility doing nothing but informing you of the viability of upgrading to the next generation of the OS you're currently using cannot be uninstalled and you're already freaking out with migrating over to an either even more walled down OS with even less User decisions to be made or an OS either hammering you with Kernel of the Month or being watered down enough for usability you might as well have stayed with the current OS you loathe for helping you plan ahead.

Not everything revolves around the 2-3 special flowers like you, sometimes it's about the plethora of ppl's parents and grandparents that need such a Checker to see what their options are.

So a kinda mandatory utility doing nothing but informing you of the viability of upgrading to the next generation of the OS you're currently using cannot be uninstalled and you're already freaking out with migrating over to an either even more walled down OS with even less User decisions to be made or an OS either hammering you with Kernel of the Month or being watered down enough for usability you might as well have stayed with the current OS you loathe for helping you plan ahead.

Not everything revolves around the 2-3 special flowers like you, sometimes it's about the plethora of ppl's parents and grandparents that need such a Checker to see what their options are.
Do you turn away sales people at the door or do you invite them into your house and listen to all their sales pitch? Maybe you have a sign outside that says "No solicitors. Thanks"?

Regards.

ezst036

Honorable
Oct 5, 2018
......... and you're already freaking out with migrating over to .....

Meh. It's not like there haven't been months of digital wailing over people's computers being canceled in the TPM 2.0 debacle, so, welcome to being born today. For the rest of us this is not the first issue anybody has had anywhere in the move from Windows 10 ---> Windows 11. Say all you want. This is an insult from MS.

That means that for the rest of us, 1 insult plus 1 insult equals 2. I specifically said this was relatively small. TPM 2.0 will probably always be the elephant in the room. But realistically speaking insults pile up. Time to recognize that fact.

Please do update us if Microsoft realizes how much of a D move this is.

I had a similar situation with Google and Drive. They forcefully installed it without me accepting anything or even being asked about it. Their current "Backup and Sync" is pretty much useless unless I install the new software, but it's not even half as functional!

These sort of things make me really salty.

Regards.

+1 on the google drive. I don't like it. its all or nothing on the files. I have a work folder and just synced that one folder. Now i had to create a free gmail for work, share my work folder to that gmail so that i can have the files on both places.

Status
Not open for further replies.