Question Windows 10 update

Jul 2, 2019
Installed a recent update of windows 10 instantly ran in to problems, keyboard and stopped working then usb xhci compliant host controller had a code 10 error. Tried reverting the update wouldn't let me another issue is that my computer will not shut down or restart at all unless i hold down the power button. I have reset my pc nothing installed Windows 10 again nothing, tried to use Windows 7 but can't use keyboard and mouse. Any ideas ? Motherboard issue or software?

Jul 2, 2019
Windows 10 64bit
Intel i5 -8600k
MSI Z270 Gaming pro carbon
16Gb DDR4 Corsair Vengeance
Gigabyte Nvidia gtx 1070
Corsair CX750 PSU
128gb Corsair force series ssd
2tb Western digital HDD

Jul 2, 2019
Updated Asmedia drivers unfortunately to no avail, i still have usb xhci compliant host controller saying code 10 and that it can not start. However I updated everything bios and all and the usb xhci worked until I restart the computer and it stopped again. I've been trying to find a download for the (generic) usb xhci compliant host controller but I can't find one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
the asmedia ports are only 2 of the ports on motherboard. Are your mouse/keyboard using those or the Intel ones, which are far more numerous. If you aren't using them you could disable them

USB

ASMedia® ASM2142 Chipset
  • 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-C port on the back panel
  • 1 x USB 3.1 Gen2 (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) Type-A port on the back panel

Intel® Z270 Chipset
  • 8 x USB 3.1 Gen1 (SuperSpeed USB) ports (4 Type-A ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)
  • 6 x USB 2.0 (High-speed USB) ports (2 Type-A ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB connectors)

USB XHCI seems to be a problem

Have you got latest BIOS for motherboard? Have you run live update 6 (its on this page - link) to see you have latest chipset drivers as that is how you likely update the intel drivers - though they should come with windows.

Aug 8, 2019
Installed a recent update of windows 10 instantly ran in to problems, keyboard and stopped working then usb xhci compliant host controller had a code 10 error. Tried reverting the update wouldn't let me another issue is that my computer will not shut down or restart at all unless i hold down the power button. I have reset my pc nothing installed Windows 10 again nothing, tried to use Windows 7 but can't use keyboard and mouse. Any ideas ? Motherboard issue or software?
I have the same error
MB:Biostar Z270GT9
Did you solve the error?