Question Windows 10, version 22H2 has arrived. To go or not to go?

Colif

Win 11 Master
it takes 2 minutes to install, it included very few changes. I doubt you notice any difference., Its the least exciting update known to man. Very disappointing. I was hoping it would do something noticeable.

In other words, go for it. I have it both of my Win 10 VM now.
IyiUjxM.jpg

I suspect the actual update occurred on the previous months Cumulative Update so you could have it already. All it does is activates them and changes Version number

Last edited:
it takes 2 minutes to install, it included very few changes. I doubt you notice any difference., Its the least exciting update known to man. Very disappointing. I was hoping it would do something noticeable.

In other words, go for it. I have it both of my Win 10 VM now.
IyiUjxM.jpg

I suspect the actual update occurred on the previous months Cumulative Update so you could have it already. All it does is activates them and changes Version number

Yes I just do it too.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎22/‎2021
OS build 19045.2130
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

Put some of my USB 3.0 cards in but this version also ignores them.

Not sure why they still bother with Win10 updates though.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Put some of my USB 3.0 cards in but this version also ignores them.
it could be the install itself. You might need a clean install or get the PC to forget the USB were ever put in it, see if it works then
I think you can use this to forget devices - https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

I have had usb drives that didn't work on PC on one install but did on another later one...

it could be the install itself. You might need a clean install or get the PC to forget the USB were ever put in it, see if it works then
I think you can use this to forget devices - https://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html

I have had usb drives that didn't work on PC on one install but did on another later one...

Thanks for your suggestion, but my problem is not about the USB devices themselves, they are PCI-E cards with USB 3.0 ports.

My current Win10 installation can recognize the card after a cold start but due to some problem with the PCI-E interface, the USB 3.0 ports are unusable.

is the CPU Z thing your current PC? Might be age of parts if so

Yes it's a computer that I built specially to test the scripts before their deployment on the web, it seems like a dinosaur in the IT world but for what I do (backend scripts developer, remote server management), anything with more than 4GB Ram and CPU higher than 2Ghz is considered a waste. I'd love to stay with my old Windows XP but I were forced to update to Windows 10 because the old web browsers are kind of stuck in XP and they can't catch up with new standards of www.

Oct 29, 2022
Just received the info about this major update, is anyone interested ?

I think I would go with this update, but not before making a complete backup of my current 21H2.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/release-health/status-windows-10-22h2

i have ONE BIG problem with the new update, dont think many uses this but its anoyin as hell here

i use hotspot instead of router to avoid power consumption but after this update everytime i enter hotspot setting ( while my mobile is connected ) i use connection to my phone and i have to manually connect again, it happens when i hover over the network icon and use right click on hotsport and click go to setttings, same happens in noticiationspanel

any have the same?

how to produce bug here 100%

make a hotspot, connect phone to it. browse the net, now click on HOTSPOT by hover the network icon where it now say 1/10 connected and click GO TO SETTINGS, the wifi disconnect immediately and if u are fast u can see the slider for hotspot change just as it enters the setting menu

Last edited:
i have ONE BIG problem with the new update, dont think many uses this but its anoyin as hell here

i use hotspot instead of router to avoid power consumption but after this update everytime i enter hotspot setting ( while my mobile is connected ) i use connection to my phone and i have to manually connect again, it happens when i hover over the network icon and use right click on hotsport and click go to setttings, same happens in noticiationspanel

any have the same?

how to produce bug here 100%

make a hotspot, connect phone to it. browse the net, now click on HOTSPOT by hover the network icon where it now say 1/10 connected and click GO TO SETTINGS, the wifi disconnect immediately and if u are fast u can see the slider for hotspot change just as it enters the setting menu

They are still improving the update, I got some minor updates yesterday.

Nothing broken on my PC so far.

Oct 29, 2022
Can you roll back?

After my USB 3.0 stopped working I want to roll back to the previous version. Unfortunately there are only 3 backups that still exist and they already passed the timeline.
im not 100% its the 22H2 update itself or the following updates, i got like 5 at the same time the 22H2 and installed all. and dont want to mess around with unstalling this and that so test it, think its thats a good idea.

Oct 29, 2022
is the hotspot problem on 10 or 11? I can find people having problems in 11 but not 10.
its win 10 pro, my phone disconnect right away when i get the settings if its connected and then it ofc tries to reconnect and it will. but kinda enoyin i cant enter settings without losing the hotspot

Oct 29, 2022
Thx for reply. Yea i have tried all that. Doesnt do any thing. Its strange it disconnect imeadialy when i click on go to setting on hotspot. Works fine if i stay away from it. I hope its a bug due to the updates we just got on win10. Started after that but i find it even more strange i Cant find anything about that bug. I Cant be the only one using HP and got into settings while connectes and wonder that same thing

Colif

Win 11 Master
See if this helps, as it could just be a windows glitch:
right click start button

choose powershell (admin)

copy/paste this command into window:

Repair-WindowsImage -Online -RestoreHealth

and press enter

Then type SFC /scannow

and press enter

Restart PC if SFC fixes any files as some fixes require a restart to be implemented

First command repairs the files SFC uses to clean files, and SFC fixes system files

SFC = System File Checker. First command runs DISM - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/manufacture/desktop/what-is-dism?view=windows-11

Reactions: lvt
Oct 29, 2022
thx again for reply but doesnt work either, how can this be other than a system bug from one of these recent updates? i cant be the only dude who uses this feature and wondering :(

Colif

Win 11 Master
thx again for reply but doesnt work either, how can this be other than a system bug from one of these recent updates? i cant be the only dude who uses this feature and wondering :(
you might want to try a repair install, it could just be a glitch in your install - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/16397-repair-install-windows-10-place-upgrade.html
All it does is installs windows over the top of itself, it doesn't remove any other programs. If you have an ssd, it can take as little as an hour to do. I had to do one on windows 11 a few months ago

Oct 29, 2022

Thx again for help. Its super weird it disconnect when enter hotspot settings