[SOLVED] Windows 10 Won't Boot

Jun 20, 2019
Hey everyone, I have a problem. My PC refuses to boot.
It will get to the splash screen and then freeze, upon rebooting I get a bsod and a "critical process has died" error. It then boots to repair functions but none have worked. It won't restore, or reset, or auto repair, all end in "no changes have been made to your pc". It won't even boot into safe mode. I have ran every command I know in advanced repair cmd, (sfc, chkdsk, DISM, etc.), and nothing has worked so far. I've even changed some settings in the BIOS to no avail. It was working just fine 12hrs ago, and now nothing. Also I'll mentioned the drives are Bitlockered, if that makes a difference. I have the key though.

Any help before I completely wipe it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Specs:
Windows 10
Asus x370 PRO mobo
Ryzen 1800x cpu
4gb x2 corsair Vengence RAM
Evga 850w gold psu
Radeon RX 580 gpu

Solution
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a handy boot drive

You can use command prompt to copy anything off C you might want to keep before clean install
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

it might help to unlock the drives if you can, from what I gather the install would ask for key after an install anyway - https://appuals.com/what-happens-to...artition-when-your-os-partition-is-formatted/

Colif

Win 11 Master
On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB - just a handy boot drive

You can use command prompt to copy anything off C you might want to keep before clean install
choose command prompt
type notepad and press enter
in notepad, select file>open
Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

it might help to unlock the drives if you can, from what I gather the install would ask for key after an install anyway - https://appuals.com/what-happens-to...artition-when-your-os-partition-is-formatted/

Solution
Jun 20, 2019
@Colif Thank you so much for replying! I completely forgot you could copy files with cmd.
Unfortunately since I couldn't find any answers back then, I wiped it and reloaded windows. I did manage to decrypt the drives though, so no worries there.
I'll remember your answer for the future. Thanks again!