Windows 10 Worth buying ?

TheRealArchi

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016
So basically I am mounting a new PC that is completely clean.
I decided that I want to install Windows10 on it, but I do not know if it's worth it paying 250$ (in my country) for the WindowsPro licence.
I heard that if you don't buy it you can still install it but you will have some little limitations that are really not having a big impact on the usage of the PC.

What do you actually think about that ? And what are the actual limitations, if excluding the watermark ?

Solution
buy the HOME version, the only reason to buy the PRO version is if you are going to install this computer inside a domain controlled network. There is no performance difference between the two versions.

Luminary

Admirable
YES, buying Windows is the only way to fully use the operating system. You can't use Windows for long (about a month) without paying for it.

If the PRO version is too expensive for you look for 'Home', it should be cheaper and for most people that is all they need.

TheRealArchi

Reputable
Oct 23, 2016
What's the difference between both when it comes to gaming ?
I heard that the Pro version is more secure to use, and is better for some group projects.
When it comes to gaming or updates that are extremely annoying because of potential buggs ?

USAFRet

Titan

It will install updates when it chooses, but you still have control over when it reboots (if necessary).

IF you do the insiders way i think you can still get it for free but you are FORCED to get ALL updates before anyone else to test. so you run the risk of it possible breaking your system / apps at times.

otherwise i say it is worth it. Just get the home version though. NO need for pro for basic users.