[SOLVED] Windows 11 Bad System Config info ?

Aug 14, 2021
Hello, ive got this issue lately, whenever i boot to windows 11 i get a bsod
Error code : Bad System Config info

- when i force shutdown the laptop to get to recovery, or even when i try to boot to safe mode i get this bsod
Error code : process1_initialization_failed

Solution
So you can't even get into windows?

The SESSION1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000006D. This bug check indicates that the initialization of the Microsoft Windows operating system failed.

what make/model laptop?
Do you have a win 10 installer as we should be able to use it as a boot drive and maybe use its recovery options to at least save anything off laptop you need

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
  • on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
  • choose troubleshoot
  • choose advanced
  • choose command prompt
  • type notepad and press enter
  • in notepad, select file>open
  • Use file explorer to copy...

USAFRet

Titan
Hello, ive got this issue lately, whenever i boot to windows 11 i get a bsod
Error code : Bad System config info

- when i force shutdown the laptop to get to recovery, or even when i try to boot to safe mode i get this bsod
Error code : process1_initialization_failed
Interestingly....any investigation would need a LOT of info.

Full parts list, what specific "Win 11" (Dev, beta), how it is installed, etc etc

Colif

Win 11 Master
So you can't even get into windows?

The SESSION1_INITIALIZATION_FAILED bug check has a value of 0x0000006D. This bug check indicates that the initialization of the Microsoft Windows operating system failed.

what make/model laptop?
Do you have a win 10 installer as we should be able to use it as a boot drive and maybe use its recovery options to at least save anything off laptop you need

On another PC, download the Windows 10 media creation tool and use it to make a win 10 installer on USB
  • on screen after languages, choose repair this pc, not install.
  • choose troubleshoot
  • choose advanced
  • choose command prompt
  • type notepad and press enter
  • in notepad, select file>open
  • Use file explorer to copy any files you need to save to USB or hdd

you might need to clean install win 11 to actually fix it as if you can't use windows recovery or safe mode, you kind of stuck.

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
This issue occurs because the Bootcat.cache file is corrupted or because the size of the Bootcat.cache file is changed since the last successful start.

Note The Bootcat.cache file is located at %SystemRoot%\system32\codeintegrity.

To work around this issue, start the computer from the disc drive or from the USB drive by using the Windows installation media. Delete the Bootcat.cache file, and then restart the computer.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-2008-r2-3c948539-15ed-ee48-cb16-5fcb6012e79b although you on win 11, the error is still the same