Question Windows 11 PC Bricked after driver updates

Jun 5, 2023
Hello,
Recently I tried updating a 2-year-old PC after some time away, downloaded all the Windows 11 updates as well as updating the GPU drivers and installing the latest support for my CPU. I might have gotten a bit ambitious flashing the bios to the latest version, because after I did so my system went into a spiral. I was able to boot the system a few times, but it would crash within a few minutes with a green screen and various error messages that I was unable to copy down before the system shut down entirely. I was still able to boot to the bios which was stable and showed the correct filename for the updated bios version. I tried several times to boot into safe/recovery mode but it would quickly greenscreen again. I scoured the internet for solutions and was met with a suggestion to try repairing or reinstalling windows, which I couldn't quickly do. Today, now that I was able to create a Windows 11 USB drive to try to boot from/repair/reinstall windows with, I have been unable to even get to the bios/boot menu. I took out my CMOS battery to try and reset the BIOS manually, reseated my RAM, and still I can't get a single boot. The monitor never receives a signal, mashing the delete or f11 key gets me nowhere. On my motherboard's EZ Diagnosis LED panel, the CPU LED lights up solid white every time I try to boot. The system previously worked flawlessly, and I don't think I have an immediate reason to suspect a hardware malfunction, so I wanted to know if there are any solutions that don't involve buying a new motherboard/CPU to test or replace faulty components. My specs are as follow:

Motherboard: MSI PRO-VDH Wifi
CPU: Ryzen 5500
GPU: Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 TI
RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws V 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G3 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

Thank you for your help!

It's not your OS, clearly it's a BIOS issue.
I would try flashing a different BIOS version, a slightly older one, onto it...that's assuming you can get into the BIOS settings to do so. Otherwise, plug the USB into the rear socket for BIOS flashback and procced that way...there are many Youtube videos on how to do a BIOS flashback.

Reactions: VexedDevil
Jun 5, 2023
It's not your OS, clearly it's a BIOS issue.
I would try flashing a different BIOS version, a slightly older one, onto it...that's assuming you can get into the BIOS settings to do so. Otherwise, plug the USB into the rear socket for BIOS flashback and procced that way...there are many Youtube videos on how to do a BIOS flashback.
Thanks for the suggestion, I didn’t know that bios flashback was a thing! I downloaded the previous bio version and formatted/renamed it before I flashed. It seemed like it worked because the flashing red light stopped after a few minutes, but when I tried booting again I still get a solid white light on the CPU and no boot/post. Any other ideas?