Question Windows 11 transparency effect

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
How do you turn this effect off, when in the Visual Effect settings, this has already been turned off?

I can't seem to be able to turn this annoying feature off

Last edited:
It's in Settings/Personalization/Colors

Light-and-Dark-mode.jpg

When I was playing a video on youtube and then overlaid it with another app, it only showed the video, since it was mainly an audio type video
This doesn't sound like it has anything to do with Windows' transparency effect in Settings. I believe it also only applies to the taskbar, Start Menu, and so-called "Modern" apps like the ones Windows comes with or you get from the Microsoft Store.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
what browser?

is it still happening or fixed?

All browsers, it happened again. Seems like its the gfx drivers causing the problem. Did the normal sfc and dism thing, didn't solve it. Re-installed the gfx drivers, and it has stopped at least for the time being

Nvidia really need to do some quality testing into their software before they release new drivers

Colif

Win 11 Master
It could have just been a bad install.

I am using the nvidia drivers that come from windows update, they 2 years old but seem to work fine. I was getting bad latency using the newest ones. Depending on age of card, there comes a time the new drivers really don't help old cards.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
It could have just been a bad install.

I am using the nvidia drivers that come from windows update, they 2 years old but seem to work fine. I was getting bad latency using the newest ones. Depending on age of card, there comes a time the new drivers really don't help old cards.

When I looked up why sfc was claiming there was corruption, the pointer said Nvidia drivers. I don't like the WHQL drivers, as I do a lot of video editing on the same computer. WHQL hardly ever get updated. Yet the ones from Nvidia seems to be causing the problem with the transparency, or that Windows doesn't think they're trustworthy enough, then it starts causing the problem

All browsers, it happened again. Seems like its the gfx drivers causing the problem. Did the normal sfc and dism thing, didn't solve it. Re-installed the gfx drivers, and it has stopped at least for the time being

Nvidia really need to do some quality testing into their software before they release new drivers

Could have been many other causes. If the issue was related the "Nvidia's quality testing" with the version you used, I'm sure there would be a lot more instances of this across the internet. Also, when doing a reinstall of Nvidia or AMD graphics drivers, I would very highly suggest using DDU first: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Neither company does a particularly good job with their uninstallers actually cleaning their drivers out of a system, whether you're doing a driver update, or a removal then reinstall.

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
Could have been many other causes. If the issue was related the "Nvidia's quality testing" with the version you used, I'm sure there would be a lot more instances of this across the internet. Also, when doing a reinstall of Nvidia or AMD graphics drivers, I would very highly suggest using DDU first: http://www.guru3d.com/files-details/display-driver-uninstaller-download.html

Neither company does a particularly good job with their uninstallers actually cleaning their drivers out of a system, whether you're doing a driver update, or a removal then reinstall.

Since re-installing using Geforce, I haven't had a problem since

I just installed the studio drivers, then went back to games drivers, if you want to know.