News Windows 11's Latest Cumulative Update Breaks AMD Adrenalin Control Panel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr3ams

Reputable
Sep 29, 2021
Haven't had any problems. That's probably because I don't let Adrenalin make any adjustments to my games. I do all the adjustments by using the internal game settings.

It's kind of like using the included software equalizer from your motherboard in addition to your media player's equalizer, when all you really need is just one.

Last edited:

vanadiel007

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2015
Haven't had any problems. That's probably because I don't let Adrenalin make any adjustments to my games. I do all the adjustments by using the internal game settings.

It's kind of like using the included software equalizer from your motherboard in addition to your media player's equalizer, when all you really need is just one.

There are many Adrenalin settings that cannot be accessed from the gaming control menu. You should really check out what Adrenalin settings have to offer, as you will be leaving performance and quality settings on the table when not using some Adrenalin only features...

Colif

Win 11 Master
both versions of moment 4 can break... 5030310 and 5030509 are the same update, one if just the preview.

it says it "can" break them, it doesn't say it will.

several AMD users have experienced this Adrenalin resetting problem with the latest Windows update.

Can anyone name an update that didn't possibly break someones PC? No? several users isn't everyone...

this is hardly news, its more snafu...

Microsoft make it mandatory to avoid people being on 20 different versions of windows 11 (exaggeration but it could happen on 10)

To be fair, that is not their decision to make. MS isn't required to support anything that isn't in the EULA and already require people to be on the later patches before giving anything that resembles support. The reason the are forcing patching is to keep the data and ads flowing while easing users into thinking it's acceptable for them to control end devices.

Reactions: phenomiix6
Oct 3, 2023
Uninstalled both the Windows Update KB5030310 and Copilot and issue is still happening with my adrenaline. Something else is making it crack up also. Never used to do that before and haven't installed any programs or even updated the Adrenaline package.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Uninstalled both the Windows Update KB5030310 and Copilot and issue is still happening with my adrenaline. Something else is making it crack up also. Never used to do that before and haven't installed any programs or even updated the Adrenaline package.
have you tried running ddu in safe mode, remove AMD drivers, boot back into 11 and install them again?

Oct 5, 2023
I've had this happening to me since 4850 to the 7900 i have now from windows 7 or earlier to windows 11 now so i've just accepted it as a thing that happens on AMD cards. I'll be surprised if it stops. Most others probably leave default and have never noticed but now with the fancy new settings people are just seeing something thats been around for a long time. If everybody used custom fan curve like they should be especially on AMD cards it would have been noticed a lot earlier.

Oct 8, 2023
I haven't done the KB5030310 update, but I just installed Adrenalin 23.9.3, and it's crashing my computer when I have multiple tabs open in MS Edge with one of them being YouTube playing a video as I'm in another tab browsing. Anyone else have that happen? The number of tabs doesn't seem to matter at all, but the common denominator was a YT video playing in the background in Edge. Gonna see if I can replicate it in Chrome. If I remember, then I'll post if it crashes.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I would suggest running DDU in safe mode, uninstall Adrenalin, boot back into windows and get it again

I am on 23.9.3, I haven't had the same problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.