[SOLVED] Windows 7 8 drivers installation on x570 b550 for 3600 4650g CPU APU

Oct 26, 2020
Hi,
I am aware that it's possible to install Windows 7 on a PC with Ryzen 1st Gen or Ryzen 2nd Gen Desktop CPUs. However Windows 7 does not install or work officially with on Ryzen G APU processors.

AM4 motherboard vendors gigabyte msi released drivers for Windows 7 64 on AM4 platform too stating that Windows 7 can only be installed when AMD Pinnacle Ridge, Summit Ridge or Bristol Ridge CPUs are installed on the b450 x470 board only.

Now that 3rd Gen Ryzen CPUs 3000 4000 5000 series are about to be launched soon, is there any information available about any possibility of Windows 7 installation on systems designed with 3rd Gen Ryzen Desktop CPUs? Will Windows 7 be supported on Ryzen 3rd Gen CPUs?

I want to purchase a new ryzen 3600 x 3700x 4750g 4650g build and interested to purchase x570 or b550 moterhboard. As I have some company developed softwares tools which work on windows xp and windows 7 only an crashes in windows 10. So I need windows 7 installed in my new build.

So before purchasing investing want to confirm that should I go for b450 or x470 drivers 2600x or 2700x pinnacle ridge cores with official drivers or the unofficial tricks and drivers also works fine

I googled and founded many tricks to install windows 7 drivers.Did any one tried suceesfully worked and install unofficial drivers for x570 b550 for ryzen 4650g 4750g 3600 3600x 3700x ie cores of raven ridge matisse Renoir or any one have sure shot 100% drivers for gigabyte b550 usd3h or x570 UD or MSI drivers tricks

In most of the unoffical tricks the x470 drivers modified for x570 and b450 are modified b550 with some windows updates and registry setting don't know will it work fine or not

For the reference I have founded following tricks links don't know which one will work or not

https://community.amd.com/thread/240176

View: https://youtu.be/A6_MdxMUpRE

https://www.win-raid.com/t4960f52-S...B-Controllers-of-new-AMD-Chipset-Systems.html

https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64

https://www.sevenforums.com/graphic...00g-radeon-vega-graphics-aus-prime-b450m.html

https://www.win-raid.com/t5648f52-S...-driver-Update-Vulkan-OpenCL-API-support.html

Solution
I never tried to install Win7 on Ryzen system, but from what I can see on video, issue is the same as on newer Intel systems -which I did solved in past.
Ok, that video can be confusing to understand for those, who never experienced the problem in real life. So, just very short explanation about kinda misleading "Win7 is not compatible" issue.
As operating system, Win7 is compatible with latest CPU's. The problem is, being 10 years old, Win7 ISO doesn't contain some drivers for hardware that didn't exist at that time. Since about last 4-5 years, motherboards have new type of USB controller, which is not backward compatible! And because of that, Win7 doesn't see (new) USB ports at all -all USB devices are invisible for Win7. Even if we...
I never tried to install Win7 on Ryzen system, but from what I can see on video, issue is the same as on newer Intel systems -which I did solved in past.
Ok, that video can be confusing to understand for those, who never experienced the problem in real life. So, just very short explanation about kinda misleading "Win7 is not compatible" issue.
As operating system, Win7 is compatible with latest CPU's. The problem is, being 10 years old, Win7 ISO doesn't contain some drivers for hardware that didn't exist at that time. Since about last 4-5 years, motherboards have new type of USB controller, which is not backward compatible! And because of that, Win7 doesn't see (new) USB ports at all -all USB devices are invisible for Win7. Even if we have PS/2 port for keyboard & mouse, we still can't install Win7 from USB (can only be done by using DVD). I mean, installation will start, but will break as soon Win7 takes over the install process.
The only long term solution is, you get "USB30 drivers for Win7" from AMD and inject them into Win7 ISO -the process is called "slipstream". After you have modified Win7 ISO, you can install Win7 from USB stick as you did before on older PC system (no PS/2 ports needed).
Btw. if your new mobo has PS/2 ports and you have DVD, you will need "USB30 drivers for Win7" anyway (to make use of USB ports). In that case you install drivers after Win7 is installed.
Sidenote: In video above author says USB20 can be used, but in my case (Intel board) USB20 wasn't recognized either. That is, I wouldn't rely on claim that USB20 ports are working in AMD case (if I understood correctly, author didn't tried that).

Solution
Oct 26, 2020
As operating system, Win7 is compatible with latest CPU's. The problem is, being 10 years old, Win7 ISO doesn't contain some drivers for hardware that didn't exist at that time. Since about last 4-5 years, motherboards have new type of USB controller, which is not backward compatible! And because of that, Win7 doesn't see (new) USB ports at all -all USB devices are invisible for Win7. Even if we have PS/2 port for keyboard & mouse, we still can't install Win7 from USB (can only be done by using DVD). I mean, installation will start, but will break as soon Win7 takes over the install process.
The only long term solution is, you get "USB30 drivers for Win7" from AMD and inject them into Win7 ISO -the process is called "slipstream". After you have modified Win7 ISO, you can install Win7 from USB stick as you did before on older PC system (no PS/2 ports needed).
Btw. if your new mobo has PS/2 ports and you have DVD, you will need "USB30 drivers for Win7" anyway (to make use of USB ports). In that case you install drivers after Win7 is installed.
Sidenote: In video above author says USB20 can be used, but in my case (Intel board) USB20 wasn't recognized either. That is, I wouldn't rely on claim that USB20 ports are working in AMD case (if I understood correctly, author didn't tried that).

BogdanH thanks a lotz for your precious advice knowldge and time to reply the post

Yes you are right and i can understand that the drivers for new hardware components input output chips is not available in 10 years old windows 7 and new motherboards have feature of USB 3.1 or USB 3.2 5Gb or 10GB speed and nvme and pcie 4

First question is that there are many latestr updated modified slipstreamed integrated modified iso available which consists of latest USB 3.1 3.2 drivers can they work for windows flash drive USB installation or not

Second question do old windows 7 supports nvme m2 HDD or pcie 3 4 graphics cards or any other new input oupit chips of x570 or b550 boards..

Third question does windows support raven ridge Matisse Renoir cores of processor as motherboard vendors gigabyte websites supports that the drivers suppoorts for b450 chipset with only summit and pinnacle ridge core processors

Fourth question that as Microsoft had closed support of windows 7 for many boards and processors so they must not be releasing new components drivers updates so the unofficial drivers for USB nvme m2/graphic card or any other device will work fine or not will these modified drivers will be safe will it not damage hardware or board

Sixth As you told you have solved the same problem of USB for Intel board in windows 7 did it worked

Seventh question AMD ryzen 5 APU 2400g 3200g 3400g 4650g 4750g have
IGPU integrated graphics in cpu and the display drivers is not available from the AMD and vendors as in other forums there is some ACPI BSOD error in the APU IGPU related to bios with windows 7 they have given many slipstream ways to integrate drivers or modify inf files in iso installation media ...for old gen+ 2400g 3200g apu but the new 4650g 4750g will same trick work ..and are these slipstream safe for hardware CPU motherboard chips....

ragnarok0274

Proper
Sep 12, 2020
Period key not working?
I've never heard of USB20 and USB30.

You pointed out many valid questions, which tells us how complicated things can be. And you can expect even some more surprises when you actually try to install and use Win7 on newer hardware. For example, B550/X570 chipset drivers for Win7 simply don't exist. However, they do exist for B450/X470 motherboards (and these boards will also support latest 5000 series CPU's).

Yes, after I slipstream-ed Win7 with new USB drivers, I did successfully install Win7 from USB flash drive. After that I installed all other (chipset, etc) drivers for Win7 and it worked flawless. At that time USB issue was the only concern. But even at that time, I knew it's only temporary solution.
6 months ago, when I switched to AMD architecture, I decided not to bother with Win7 anymore -just isn't worth the time (for no benefit).

There are many articles about that on internet that cover this topic, ie.:
https://www.anandtech.com/show/11182/how-to-get-ryzen-working-on-windows-7-x64
-but most usually contain many "if.. in this case.. then try..".

My opinion.. keep old Win7 PC for your particular software only, and move to Win10 with new one. Actually you have no alternative if you need better performance that latest hardware gives.

TRENDING THREADS