Windows 7 Anytime Upgrade Cheaper for New PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
Hmmm... but considering what you normally do on a netbook, I'd say paying to get a few features you actually will benefit and a lot of others that you won't, does not male financial sense.

There are already free programs that allow you to change the desktop wallpaper, on of those programs even allows the same effect of changing it once in a while; there is alos a free Aero enabler, and for your DVD needs, just download the free VLC media player. There you have it.

Windows Home Premium to Professional discounts though is a welcome addition, although it's just 10$. But hey, better than nothing, and comes with a XP license. I bet that is the main reason for the discount to be so little; and again, the reason for the Starter to Premium being so much bigger is probably because they realized they are not getting so many people upgrading as they thought, and probably becausue of all those free utilities that I talked about above.

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
Windows 7 64bit Home Premium is what I will pick up (OEM) for my gaming rig, no need for professional at all. Dual boot it with my XP and I should nbe good to go for a while. That is until one day I am forced into buying a DX 11 card. By then I am hoping Open GL is back and I can just say no to the proprietary Direct X.

G

it was nice when they had the student special for $29, you didn't even have to be a student and still got the rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.