[SOLVED] windows 7 blue screen crash when i shut down

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 27, 2019
So ever since i downloaded a program that was supposed to update my old drivers automatically, I've had this issue. When I would shut down, it would go into a blue screen and then restart. I then unchecked the box in control panel that makes my computer automatically restart. So now, when I shut down, I see he blue screen but nothing else so I need to manually shut down my computer. Help please

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
But if he is running incorrect drivers, how can you be sure those are accurate, and not just what the faulting driver is reporting?
The system information is deduced from BIOS info, not from drivers.

Because the report is pulling out all of the actual drivers running and how old they are, they have to be for the debug symbols to work.

If incorrect drivers have been installed, it will show what is running and will also only the ones loaded at the time of the crash, not the ones that were inactive. :)

Last edited:
The system information is deduced from BIOS info, not from drivers.

Because the report is pulling out all of the actual drivers running and how old they are, they have to be for the debug symbols to work.

If incorrect drivers have been installed, it will show what is running and will also only the ones loaded at the time of the crash, not the ones that were inactive. :)
Well, we can agree to disagree on this one. If Wondows isn't using the incorrect drivers, then his computer wouldn't be crashing.

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Well, we can agree to disagree on this one. If Wondows isn't using the incorrect drivers, then his computer wouldn't be crashing.
Apologies, I'm struggling to understand what you mean.

The system information on that report has nothing to do with drivers.
And whatever drivers are installed, whether correct or incorrect for their hardware, will be in the loaded modules section, it's just a matter of eliminating each one from potential causes, then if they resolve nothing, then it's BIOS and hardware testing.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
Reactions: PC Tailor

Colif

Win 11 Master
According to a report PC created based on info in bios, he has

BaseBoard Information (Type 2) - Length 14 - Handle 0002h
BaseBoardManufacturer = TOSHIBA
BaseBoardProduct = TECRA Z40-A
BaseBoardVersion = Version A0

its how I knew what was on his website

Processor Version Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4300U CPU @ 1.90GHz
Processor Voltage 87h - 0.7V
Current Speed 1900MHz
Max Speed 2500MHz

So we have model
chipset is haswell - https://ark.intel.com/content/www/u...-4300u-processor-3m-cache-up-to-2-90-ghz.html

curious how under chipset it says it doesn't have one - https://usermanual.com/document/3306/toshiba-z40-a-pt44fc-08q001-specification.html

Aug 27, 2019
Model: TECRA Z40-A, I think? It's a laptop
And the only usb attached is for my mouse
I enabled the xusb3 again because my mouse doesn't work with it disabled and it didn't fix the problem
I'm not really a computer guy so I don't really understand what the full reports mean

Colif

Win 11 Master
Solution

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Most i can find is that it sometimes comes with a dynadock port replicator and they enable sleep and charge USB by default. May be worth disabling this to see if it's a BSOD resulting from sleep/wake up of USB device.

However believe all drivers should be here I'm wondering if the USB controllers are part of the "basic drivers" package?
https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=PT44GU-00T003&osId=3333785

Colif

Win 11 Master
Most i can find is that it sometimes comes with a dynadock port replicator and they enable sleep and charge USB by default. May be worth disabling this to see if it's a BSOD resulting from sleep/wake up of USB device.

However believe all drivers should be here I'm wondering if the USB controllers are part of the "basic drivers" package?
https://support.dynabook.com/support/modelHome?freeText=PT44GU-00T003&osId=3333785
You are looking at windows 10, USB 3 drivers built into 10, remember

try win 7. its there.

USB3.0 Driver
Posted Date: 2016-10-05 | Version: 2.5.0.19 | Size: 7.29M