Windows 7 Build 7100 is RC, But Beware of Fakes

Status
Not open for further replies.

revolink24

Distinguished
May 17, 2007
There are many new builds in this 7100 series. The 7100 series is the new RTM branch, whereas the 7000 was the beta branch. However, the 7100 series builds correspond to existing 7000 ones, ex. 7107 is the same content as 7057, just a different build. So please do a bit more research next time.

G

I'm still using the RC for Windows Me on my Pentium Pro machine. It's old but it does the job!

G

I Just find Windows Me to be really fast and really stable, plus excellent driver support.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]kato128[/nom]@windowsmelover: Man you must be a masochist or something. WinME only lasted 2 weeks on my pc and that was the RTM.[/citation]
Win ME was the best windows ever! Sure it didn't really work, but it was great! It's the only piece of software microsoft ever released, that actively sabotages the network. You always needed 3rd party tools for that until ME arrived. I still remember ME as the os, that when you browse it from an unpatched windows 98 mashine, your 98 mashine would lock up.

reapper

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
one thing about these "builds" going out the microsoft door: "hey, some guy in the GUI department said he would fix some bug by today so I'm going do BUILD (compile) it and see if the whole thing still works"
:D on the other I really hope they will make this OS good. Since I Installed 7077 three weeks ago I had only 1 BSOD and 1 lockup. That's good but still not good enough by my standards but I'm not sure I have really safe RAM. Time will tell :D

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Anyone else having issues with the nvidia beta drivers while running a gts 250?

Incrementially backing up until may 5. Its gonna be a good day!

goryachev

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
I still use XP, and don't plan to move from it, not even to windows 8. Unless the industry forces me to do that, like when I moved from DOS to windows 95.

goryachev

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2008
[citation][nom]windowsmelover2[/nom]I Just find Windows Me to be really fast and really stable, plus excellent driver support.[/citation]
Including no memory leaks? :)

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]goryachev[/nom]I still use XP, and don't plan to move from it, not even to windows 8. Unless the industry forces me to do that, like when I moved from DOS to windows 95.[/citation]
But the industry didn't force you to go to windows 95 - dos applications kept being made until mid 98 at least. Anyway, xp maintainance will only last a few years now, so you'll probably have to switch to windows 7 even before windows 8 is released - or to a beta of that perhaps.

mustwarnothers

Distinguished
Mar 19, 2009
I've been perpetually juggling space on my Hard Drive for games, so I finally purchased a 1 TB Caviar Black, which in turn let me finally test out additional operating systems (I've been on XP 32 bit for years).

Installed Windows 7 7077 64-bit, haven't had a single crash, haven't had a single driver give me any issues.

The only problems I had was with running Bioshock with Directx 10 shaders. I could play the game fine, swim to shore, get into the sub to go to rapture, and it would just freeze at that loading screen.

Once I disabled the shaders, loaded into the game, I was able to re-enable them and its been fine ever since.

mastadisasta_31

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
Moving to Win7 from XP pro is like when I went from Win98 to XP.
I can't wait!! It's going to to be a must for PC gamers, that's if you want to see all the eye candy with the latest DirectX's.

Status
Not open for further replies.