windows 7 install issues

skyhook604

Prominent
Aug 21, 2017
Hello, world. I am in a bit of a tough spot. I just finished building my first pc, and have tested it on bios. All the hardware is functional, but when I go to install the operating system, I have trouble.

I am installing windows 7 pro 64 bit from a disk, and the initial load goes smoothly. The issue is that as soon as windows powers up, my mouse and keyboard lose power. I have been told that it is because the windows 7 install program was made before usb 3.0, and so it cannot recognize usb 3.0 ports. I used the specified usb 2.0 ports on my computer, and despite this, and many suggested changes to the bios usb settings, the install software still refuses to recognize my mouse and keyboard. My father will not let me upgrade to windows 10, and everything I have been doing seems to have had no effect. Others have reccomended using the old style keyboards, but I am unable to as my motherboard does not have this style plug.

In case it helps, here are my hardware specs:
Mobo: rog b350-f
cpu- amd ryzen 5 1500x
gpu- geforce 1050 ti
ram 2x8 ddr4

I would really like a hand, as I am at my wit's end. Does anyone know a way to fix this?

Solution
Have you looked at the motherboard website for a Windows 7 USB workaround? Newer motherboards were not intended for Windows 7 and therefore don't install well. If you go to the support downloads page -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/ Then pick Windows 7 64 and then "expand all" you will see "ASUS EZ Installer" Which is says is to create a windows 7 install with the USB 3 drivers included.

kanewolf

Titan
Have you looked at the motherboard website for a Windows 7 USB workaround? Newer motherboards were not intended for Windows 7 and therefore don't install well. If you go to the support downloads page -- https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/ROG-STRIX-B350-F-GAMING/HelpDesk_Download/ Then pick Windows 7 64 and then "expand all" you will see "ASUS EZ Installer" Which is says is to create a windows 7 install with the USB 3 drivers included.

Solution