Windows 7 install reboot after expanding files

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

HeavenKinder

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2014
Hello, i had windows 7 on a ssd, and i upgraded it to windows 10, it got slower so i formated the ssd and went to install the windows 7 again through the cd. Now everytime im trying to install it, it copies the files, starts expanding, restarts, then i have 2 options:
If i boot the cd "press any button in 3 seconds to boot with cd" it restarts the install, and if i dont boot the cd, it says "missing BOOTMGR. Press ctrl+alt+del to restart"... I already formated the ssd everytime the installation restarts, deleted partitions, chkdsk, i have no idea what else to do

Solution
HeavenKinder. set the ssd as secondary drive in pc b then run disk management on that ssd to delete "all" partitions, make new partition then format the drive. put the ssd back into pc a as the main drive, boot from your win7 disk, delete the partition on the ssd, make new partition & format the drive. continue installing win 7. had to do that on my upstairs tower when using same drive that I fresh installed win 7 on my downstairs tower then upgraded to win 10.
HeavenKinder. set the ssd as secondary drive in pc b then run disk management on that ssd to delete "all" partitions, make new partition then format the drive. put the ssd back into pc a as the main drive, boot from your win7 disk, delete the partition on the ssd, make new partition & format the drive. continue installing win 7. had to do that on my upstairs tower when using same drive that I fresh installed win 7 on my downstairs tower then upgraded to win 10.

Solution