Windows 7 New Update Causing Hardware Unsupported Popup

Status
Not open for further replies.

daftharlot

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
http://i.imgur.com/tb9KKOl.jpg

Motherboard on tower unit was replaced with 7th gen CPU (i3-7100). Customer requested Windows 7 so we installed everything and it's working as intended except the last thing we needed to do was to update and once performed it shows this message every single time it attempts to update.

Customer is not going to be happy when he is completely unable to update his machine due to new Microsoft update causing huge popup.

We believe the most recent update Microsoft [KB4015549] pushed out is causing this issue.

Does anyone have any ideas on if this will be hotfixed or is this an Apple-style Windows 7 sabotage? Frowny face.

Solution

Basic OS support, such as bug cleanups and such, yes, but drivers (which are not written by Microsoft) and new features, like support for new chipsets & cpu's, will not be forthcoming. Face it, Windows 7 is end of life and it's time to start moving your customers to Windows 10.

daftharlot

Honorable
Oct 15, 2012
The assumption was that because this particular part had come with ready to go Windows 7 drivers there would be no issue. Windows 7 support is still going on for three more years. There is no reason for such an underhanded tactic.

I myself fully support directing the user on how to use Windows 10 comfortably, but customers can be extremely aggressive especially when told something like this.

As for the condescension; Reddit had better answers than you did, Mr. Corcoran. Your attitude is not appreciated.

Thanks

Basic OS support, such as bug cleanups and such, yes, but drivers (which are not written by Microsoft) and new features, like support for new chipsets & cpu's, will not be forthcoming. Face it, Windows 7 is end of life and it's time to start moving your customers to Windows 10.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.