Windows 7 random restarts while playing game

thereds

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
The random restart first happened 3 weeks ago. I was playing game when it happened. The computer suddenly restarted itself but I have no idea why and I chose to ignore since it didn't happen anymore on that day. Then after more or less a week, the same thing happened again.

Same as the first one. It restarted the Windows once and it didn't happen anymore on that same day. So I couldn't really track what is wrong. Then after that, it started happening more and more often until I lost count of how many times the Windows have restarted itself.

I used to run Windows 10 Pro and due to the random restart, I reinstalled Windows 7. Hoping it would fix the issue but it doesn't.

I suspect the PSU might be failing but it is a 5-month-old desktop computer. I don't know what is the probability of PSU failing after only 5 months?

Here is my computer specs:
Windows 7 Pro 64 bit 8GM RAM
Intel i5 4590 CPU 3.30GHz
GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Gigabyte B85M-DS3H-A MOBO
Corsair VS550

I would really really appreciate it if anyone could help me.

DSzymborski

Titan
Power supplies can absolutely fail in 5 months - even good ones, if you're unlucky enough, can fail in 5 minutes. One of the things that makes good power supplies good isn't that they're invincible, but if something goes wrong, they don't take out the rest of your PC.

What are your temperatures before you're crashing? A heat issue at load is the first thing to check for in something like this. Only then would I start suspecting the PSU, which is rather mediocre (but probably not being pushed to the limit given the GPU).

thereds

Reputable
Sep 26, 2015
This is how the temps are like for now:
2rn9aht.png

Edited to add in more info:
So,it crashed again. The intel core temp is at around 55-60 degrees C, mobo temp around 40 degrees C, GPU temp is at around 45 degrees C before it crashed.

I managed to get a screenshot of temps when I'm gaming (it doesn't crash this time):
ogb9jr.png