Windows 7 randomly freezes no welcoming screen

Nozaroc

Commendable
Nov 5, 2016
Hello,
I have a problem with Windows 7 that is installed on my Dell laptop. For like last month it tend to randomly freezes when startup on welcome screen (sometimes it launch itself normally, and sometimes even if I wait for like 5-10 minutes nothing happens) and lately it started to happen even more often. I already try some things to fix it up like:

• Restoring my Windows - It happens for first time after some uptade was installed so I thought it may be it fault but after recovering to the pre-uptade point nothing changes

Using Windows Repair Tools - I actually tried this one a lot. Mostly it says nothing is really wrong with startup on my computer despite first and the last time I tried it. On both times it actually at least in theory was fixing something (after first use at reboot my computer check files integrity if that helps) but problem didn't go away after this fixes.

Check for drivers/windows uptades - I thought it may be caused by either Windows not being uptaded or some outdated driver. I installed all Windows Uptades I can but nothing helps and in term of drivers after checking on Control panel it seems that all drivers are already uptaded to the most recent version.

Checking out wheter or not I can launch it in Safe Mode - Actually each time it freezes I can launch it in both Safe Mode and Safe Mode with networking

Checking out my disc - I tried it a few times after my computer was checking files integrity. Programs like CrystalDiskInfo and HDDLife told my that my discs are absolutely fine and there is nothing wrong with them. Also I used chkdsk commend and it had some problem while using it in Safe Mode but after I finally manage to launch computer normally it says there is no problem with anything.

Scaning entire system with antivirus - After all this I thought that it may be caused by some Virus or Malware but scanns of the system using Avast and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware didn't really find anything suspicious

Overall cleaning the system - I tried uninstall most of the programs and clearing the disc/registry with CCleaner but as I was already expecting nothing really changes.

Does anyone have any idea what may caused it and how should I fix it?

Solution
:space: Hello,You could try to do a factory reset. I have an older model Toshiba Satellite I purchased at a pawnshop and it was constantly freezing while playing games and videos. Most games wouldn't play at all. And it would take 10 minutes just to load the internet. And half the time I would get a message saying that an internet connection couldn't be established. Anyway,a factory reset(resets entire computer to Out Of Box settings) You should save any data you don't won't to lose to disk first. Highly recommended!
Shutdown your PC,as the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

Note: You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the...

Leslie_18

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
:space: Hello,You could try to do a factory reset. I have an older model Toshiba Satellite I purchased at a pawnshop and it was constantly freezing while playing games and videos. Most games wouldn't play at all. And it would take 10 minutes just to load the internet. And half the time I would get a message saying that an internet connection couldn't be established. Anyway,a factory reset(resets entire computer to Out Of Box settings) You should save any data you don't won't to lose to disk first. Highly recommended!
Shutdown your PC,as the computer restarts, press the F8 key until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

Note: You must press F8 before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press F8 after the Windows logo appears, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

Press the Down arrow to select the Repair Your Computer option on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press Enter. Select your language settings and then click Next.

Log in as an administrative user, and click OK. Then click the Dell Factory Image Restore option.

In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click on Next. Check the box that reads Yes, reformat the hard drive and restore system software to factory conditions, followed by Next.

The computer will now restore to its default factory settings. Once the restore operation is completed, click on Finish to restart your computer. Good luck! And I hope this fixes it for you.

Solution