Windows 7 SD Card Corruption Flaw Patched

Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
I wonder if that will fix the FlashDrive Bricking Feature. (I'm assuming it's caused by ReadyBoost.... since that's the only thing I used it for before it was unrecognizable)

liquidsnake718

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2009
Tsk tsk thanking MS for something that should not have been a problem in the first placed. Something like USB or SD card support should not have been overlooked after all the beta and early testing/releases?

I'll stick to Vista.... at least now all the little problems are fixed and its not so bad after all.... See, Win7 has its share of problems as well....

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
There aint been an operating system to date for any platform that didn't need patches or minor tweaking. Windows 7 is as solid as it gets, buy today and enjoy for years. Go Win7...................

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]I wonder if that will fix the FlashDrive Bricking Feature. (I'm assuming it's caused by ReadyBoost.... since that's the only thing I used it for before it was unrecognizable)[/citation]
explain that?

I'm using readyboost - was using two usb drives. I accidently broken one when moving the computer, but the other's worked flawlessly. Not really sure it boosts anything though, but it's still accessible and seems okay.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
[citation][nom]liquidsnake718[/nom]Tsk tsk thanking MS for something that should not have been a problem in the first placed. Something like USB or SD card support should not have been overlooked after all the beta and early testing/releases? ... See, Win7 has its share of problems as well....[/citation]
Wintarded micro$uxx fankiddies are trained to wag their tails every time they perceive getting attention.
Imagine the outrage, if the rotten fruit would've botched it...

Regulas

Distinguished
May 11, 2008
[citation][nom]area51reopened[/nom]thanks microsoft![/citation]
Maybe you should get on your knees for MS too. This couldn't happen to great Windows 7 that is perfect in they eyes of the fanboys.

falconqc

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2002
[citation][nom]Regulas[/nom]Maybe you should get on your knees for MS too. This couldn't happen to great Windows 7 that is perfect in they eyes of the fanboys.[/citation]

Woah dude, do I sense some misdirected hate? All the guy said was "Thanks MS!"

G

I have a bricked usb drive as well but im not sure win7 caused it.
When i try to format it, it says to insert a medium

G

"Also, corrupted I/O occurs. This causes data corruption."

You don't say.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
Word, Its good to see them have a sense of urgency with this version of Windows. Still people will hate because that's what they do. I hope for a day when people will stop being fan boys and embrace the Computer experience as a whole like it should be.

crikey2

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
*This only affects SD cards formatted with NTFS* How many people use NTFS on their SD card given that no cameras, printers, music players etc understand NTFS?

gpfear

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
[citation][nom]__-_-_-__[/nom]will microsoft compensate for my loses?????[/citation]
No more than Apple will compensate users with guest accounts.

G

I installed the fix. Nothing improved. Data continues to get corrupted, which is weird, as NTFS is considered to be the most robust file system (especially over FAT). I'm trying exFAT now.

littlec

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
LOL ancient news post. I use nothing but sd cards and NTFS and haven't had any problems. Uninstall and reinstall the fix. Also test it with more than once SD card you might actually have a messed up card causing the data corruption. Also make sure you have all important updates installed that might be a prerequisite for the patch (ie Service Packs).

Status
Not open for further replies.