Windows 7 Sets Early PC Sales on Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
I think Windows 7 launched at a perfect time, what better way to gain marketshare than the Xmas shopping season with all the sales that retailers have. Sure the rise in sales wont all come from windows 7 but you can be sure that a lot of them will be. I do think that sales will continue to rise but not drop as fast as they normally do after the holiday season.

cheepstuff

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2008
microsoft put a boatload of time and money into this OS after vista. the sales (after they settle down) will likely reflect the change in quality and also the change in price.

brendano257

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Hopefully the market is on the rise :)

And on a side note...that 'Castrol' add is really annoying! Roll over it on accident EVERY TIME and it fills pretty much the whole page. Try to find less obnoxious adds =/

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]thebobofbobs30[/nom]hmm how much of that 40% are mac sales though?[/citation]
I don't know if i'm falling for a joke, but here it is.
The article is about the rise of win7 sales, Mac is something else.
Read the articles before commenting.

[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]Firefox + Noscript + Adblock Plus is your friend.[/citation]
[citation][nom]brendano257[/nom]Hopefully the market is on the rise And on a side note...that 'Castrol' add is really annoying! Roll over it on accident EVERY TIME and it fills pretty much the whole page. Try to find less obnoxious adds =/[/citation]

I totally agree. After clicking a link at the top of one page, I end up mousing down as the page loads, and what do you know... I just moused over an advertisement that hadn't even loaded yet. Now I get a big ad covering the whole article.

It is pretty annoying, I just haven't spoken out about it yet.

hakesterman

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2008
Apple Corporation is a joke, they have good products but have a marketing team that has no idea at all on how to enhance sales. They have choosen to take a sad and unrealistic approch at takeing stabs at their competition which currently has a 87 percent market share. Until they stop with their sad commercials and get back to fun advertisments that don't bad mouth the competion, their not going to go anywhere. And last but not least, Apple needs to stop playing their Itunes games and release teh Iphone to all carriers. If they do all the above they have a good chance of gaining seriuous market share in phones and in Pc's. Stop the games and everything turnes around, keep playing and nothing changes.

ominous prime

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Windows did a pretty good job with 7, although when advertised as "Vista done right." I feel as though I shouldn't have to pay for 7 because they botched Vista so much. Ah well, that's what I get for being an early adopter. I think 7 is going to be mainstream in little time. It's leaps and bounds better than Vista. Or at least feels that way.

darkknight22

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2009
I'll wait and see. Could be like cash for clunkers that stole a ton of sales from the future and crammed it in all at once.

The invisible hand controls all.....

godwhomismike

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
I was in Best Buy the last two weekends, and it looked like they were giving away laptops. A lot of people were buying laptops while I was there both times.

mcreskiller

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Doesn't suprise. I brough my laptop to school today and now everyone wants windows 7 who has seen it what really gets them is aero shake (it cna be fun...) and also how fast it is its just sooo fast the program i use the most load faster over time not slower and its more then a service pack osx snow leopard is a service pack in my eyes

doc70

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
on another positive note, I noticed that Marcus can write some decent articles that can appreciate WinOS and it's accomplishments... Now if only he could do without the teeth grinding tone in the background, that would be great... Example: the PC industry has always been..."revitalized"; no need for counter-arguments.
Overall, good job and +1 to Microsoft for a great product!

mcreskiller

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
Even my mac friend is switching.. hes selling his 3 grand macbook and imac and getting me to build him a top end gaing computer and he is also buyig a nice laptop he says hes sick of apple riping him off

G

I contributed to that statistic, although not for Windows 7, but for AMD's Tigris platform. Plenty of laptop vendors refreshed their product lines across the board, I'm not convinced that it's all Windows 7 here, I plan on installing Linux as soon as Linux supports AMD's new platform, Win7 had nothing to do with my purchase.

Status
Not open for further replies.