Windows 7 Ultimate does not find wireless adapters, and USB drives.

YashPuranik

Commendable
May 25, 2016
Hello, I just installed Windows 7 Ultimate as a dual boot with Windows 10. I have a big problem. Windows 7 does not see the wireless adapter I have installed inside the computer. Windows 10 however never had problems and it worked perfectly. Windows 7 does not see ANY USB drives plugged. This is a problem because I can't even install drives off of a USB. The worst part is, It does not even detect my GTX 950 graphics card because I cannot install drivers. I also do not have a disk drive to install drivers. What can I do? I bought it and I don't feel like wasting my money. I am really annoyed that it did not include drivers with the OS. What can I do to fix this? Do I need to reinstall windows? Remember, USB flash drives/ Hard drives do not work. Also, Everything works perfectly in windows 10.

Thank you in Advance :)

Solution
Hi YashPuranik,

What I would do is this:
1) Boot into windows 10 and check youd device manager for what drivers your ethernet adapter is using.
2) Go to the website of the respective driver (realtek, intel, atheros, etc.) and download the driver for windows 7 somewhere on the PC (accessible to your windows 7 install).
3) Boot to your windows 7 installation and install the driver for the ethernet adapter from the previously downloaded package and that should get you a working internet connection.
4) Once you have a working internet connection go to the website of your motherboard manufacturer and download your chipset drivers and whatever else you can get for the onboard devices. You may also get some drivers from windows update...

bogdansv

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
Hi YashPuranik,

What I would do is this:
1) Boot into windows 10 and check youd device manager for what drivers your ethernet adapter is using.
2) Go to the website of the respective driver (realtek, intel, atheros, etc.) and download the driver for windows 7 somewhere on the PC (accessible to your windows 7 install).
3) Boot to your windows 7 installation and install the driver for the ethernet adapter from the previously downloaded package and that should get you a working internet connection.
4) Once you have a working internet connection go to the website of your motherboard manufacturer and download your chipset drivers and whatever else you can get for the onboard devices. You may also get some drivers from windows update (including your graphics card and usb)
Best of luck!

Solution

YashPuranik

Commendable
May 25, 2016

Ok I will try this and get back to you!