Windows 8.1 black screen when trying to boot (no cursor and i cant boot into sdvanced options

Angelo_2

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Ive tried everything with windows 8.1 Nothing works, I cant boot into advanced options, a usb with windows 8.1 installation on it doesn't want to work either. And when I try to boot normally its just black, same with everything else. Sorry about my bad english, as it is not my first language and this is my first post. Help would be appreciated thank you

harryfishrules

Reputable
Jun 26, 2015
If you follow this guide: http://www.digitalcitizen.life/5-ways-boot-safe-mode-windows-8-windows-81?page=0%2C1 and use option '3' which is the first one on this page could you tell me what happens?

If you follow this and manage to get into safe mode then if you would please follow these steps:

1. Press "Windows + R" at the same time
2. Enter "control wuaucpl.cpl" (without speech marks) followed by enter
3. Windows Update should open
4. Select "Scan for Updates"
5. Install all updates including optional ones

6. Reboot and attempt to boot to the standard desktop
7. If this fails, follow the video again to get back into safe mode. If however, it works, then follow the first part of the video to get into safe mode.

8. Press "Windows + X" at the same time
9. Select “Command Prompt (Admin)”
10. Accept any User Account Control popup for “Windows Command Processor”
11. Enter "sfc /scannow" (without the speech marks) into Command Prompt followed by enter
12. Let the scan complete fully

Angelo_2

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

Wow, my mistake i have 8.1.... im an idiot. Sorry for making you go through all this mess

Angelo_2

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015

Uh yeah i still require assistance, now for some reason when i boot normally i have the HP sign as if its booting and then i get the "your PC has ran into a problem and needs to restart" and it restarts instantly, then it loads up automatic repair and then after that loads its just black again

Angelo_2

Reputable
Nov 3, 2015
Thank you for all of your help, i found a solution and i am able to boot into windows recovery, i think everything should be fine from here. I am currently resetting my PC. Thanks for the effort

Now how do i close this post LOL