Windows 8.1 Hotspot isn't working for iPhone 5s

MizARe3

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015
Hello everyone

My router recently broke down and the guys who fix it is not here yet so i decided to use my laptop as a wifi hotspot.
I've searched online for tools like mHotspot and connectify to share my broadband connection. I have enabled the sharing and I successfully create a wifi hotspot. However my iPhone 5s won't connect to it. It stays in the loading state forever. I have also tried the command prompt netsh thing and it happens to have the same problem.
Any idea why does this happen and what can i do? Any replies is greatly appreciated.

P.S. if you do have a solution please do explain the steps thoroughly... I literally know nothing about computer stuff
Thanks!

MizARe3

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015

Thanks for you reply. I think you've been mistaken a bit, because in fact it's my computer sharing the hotspot instead of my phone. It's the other way round. My iPhone won't connect to the wifi hotspot from my W8 laptop, even I've enabled the netsh thing through cmd as it won't stop loading. Any idea?

MizARe3

Reputable
Feb 22, 2015

Yes, I did. I found out that my virtual wifi drive driver hasn't been in the device manager at all. This worked for me.