windows 8.1, selecting what sound goes out to what device, how do i choose, for tv and monitor/headphones

raknarius

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
I see the mixer, and I have both volume controls, im trying to play Netflix off the web browser on my tv while m y game and teamspeak comes through my headphones. but certain programs only open under certain devices depending on which is marked as default, can I mark them both default so I get volume for each program on both device mixers?

raknarius

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
so, I think the problem is, or solution, I need to find a way to make neither or both the default device, so I can get a volume bar for each program on both devices, is that possible, or is there a way I can go into the app propertys not in game settigns, but where the app permisions are to select default device for that app??

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
You can't do what you want, sorry. The problem is that Windows can only use ONE sound output device at a time, no matter how many you have installed in your machine. That output device will send the same set of audio signals to all its output connections. And you can't have a second audio output device working at the same time, directing different inputs to different outputs.

raknarius

Distinguished
Aug 2, 2006
actually, as it stands right now, I have my pc sounds coming through my headset, teamspeak , headset, Netflix, Samsung tv, its perfect, except, when I try to launch a game, it always goes to the tv. which interferes with the samsungs Netflix play sound,