[SOLVED] Windows 8 api-ms-win-crt-xxxx.dll files missing

Oct 14, 2019
Hello, just built a new gaming rig the build and everything went smoothly up until i tried to run some games. Everytime I try to run one I get various " api-ms-win-crt-.dll files missing, please reinstall application to fix problem". I have been trouble shooting this for hours, tried EVERY fix I could find on google(except downloading sketchy dll files) and NOTHING has worked. I have installed every windows update, ran DISM, did a full scan, tried repairing the visual C++ redist, tried uninstalling and reinstalling the visual C++ redist, and a few others i forgot at the moment. Has anyone ever encountered this issue?? there are multiple programs i cant run, PLEASE help!!!!!!

Solution
Just learned that my MOBO does not support windows 8 very well, also learned that you can download windows 10 for free and use a windows 8 key.. That will prob fix everything.
Yes and yes.

Do a clean install of Win 10.
Full wipe and reinstall.
Apply your Win 8 license key, and it should activate it no problem. I did that just the other day.

Oct 14, 2019
Just learned that my MOBO does not support windows 8 very well, also learned that you can download windows 10 for free and use a windows 8 key.. That will prob fix everything.

USAFRet

Titan
Yes and yes.

Do a clean install of Win 10.
Full wipe and reinstall.
Apply your Win 8 license key, and it should activate it no problem. I did that just the other day.

Solution