Windows 8 Goes RTM: Last Milestone Before October Release

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

belardo

Splendid
Nov 23, 2008
Sorry about the post about - browser issue, I didn't even know it posted.
[citation][nom]psugrad1999[/nom]I just got my touch screen monitor in preparation for Windows 8 today. I went with the Dell 21" monitor and I got to say Microsoft is almost spot on. ~~ It'd be easier just to press the bottom left hand corner of the screen. It's also more difficult to cycle through open applications on a touch screen. ~ Touch screens are the future and Microsoft is incredibly smart for building it so tightly into the OS for a desktop.[/citation] So even with an actual touch-screen, the hidden start-button is stupid. There is space for a button, why not use it microsoft? With a task bar, you don't have to cycle through programs. This is why the task-switcher in vista LOOKED neat, but was stupid. Mobile devices have mobile interfaces because of smaller screens, limited power and overall smaller shape. A desktop or notebook doesn't really need such things. My mouse is a few inches of me typing my keyboard... If I used a touch screen, I'd have to spend more time and energy raising my hand to my screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS