Windows 8, RT, IE10 to Receive Further Critical Patches

Status
Not open for further replies.

weierstrass

Honorable
Aug 2, 2012
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Security holes already?[/citation]
They are always there from the beginning why else would we need patches? Tell me one OS which was released with no security holes and then got one because of an unnecessary patch.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011

No OS is secure if it can be accessed by humans.

Unless if you're using a 1980's DOS that has virtually no support today.

Max Collodi

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2010
Since you didn't bother to read the article before posting, I'll repeat the critical information you missed.

"Scheduled for a release on Tuesday, the patches will also affect the other current versions of Windows, including XP, Vista, and Windows 7, in addition to Server 2003 and 2008."

G

The best patch for Desktop users of windows 8 is a disk with windows 7 on it! Just patch directly over that crappy Metro/Modern adware/crapware infested OS!

alextheblue

Distinguished
This is just regular monthly MS security updates! I can't believe there's a news article on this. Oh wait it's Zak Islam. He's new to computers. Zak: It's called Patch Tuesday. Punch "Patch Tuesday" in your browser and hit enter. We don't need a news article every time there's a regular security patch.

The worst part is the headline. You make it sound like ONLY Windows 8/RT/IE10 are getting patched, when in fact it applies to all currently supported versions of both Windows and IE! On top of that the headline doesn't say anything about security. This combination makes it sound like some special emergency patch for Win8/RT and IE10. Which it is not.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
[citation][nom]sliem[/nom]Security holes already?[/citation]yet another clueless win8 hater who hate anything with a windows 8 tag on it.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]M$KB0700000NOMetro[/nom]The best patch for Desktop users of windows 8 is a disk with windows 7 on it! Just patch directly over that crappy Metro/Modern adware/crapware infested OS![/citation]

Give it a ******* rest already! :fou: If you want to stay on 7, by all means. But some of us actually like 8.
Either way, stop with the damn trolling already. Its getting real old... :sarcastic:

G

M$KB0700000NOMetro :

The best patch for Desktop users of windows 8 is a disk with windows 7 on it! Just patch directly over that crappy Metro/Modern adware/crapware infested OS!

Oh so TRUE!

M$ Spinions are M$ Minions that are paied to down vote!

G

Darkerson,

M$ needs to give downgrade rights to new PC buyers and not just downgrade rights to enterprise users! So until M$ stops its monopolistic power grab on PCs it does not directly Brand, The truth will be told!
If I purchase a third party built PC, I have the right not to have M$ app store adware/crapware Metro/Modern runtime tacked on to my OS! Apple does not force its closed ecosystem on any hardware it dos not make, so why should it be allright for M$ do do so!

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]This is just regular monthly MS security updates! I can't believe there's a news article on this. Oh wait it's Zak Islam. He's new to computers. Zak: It's called Patch Tuesday. Punch "Patch Tuesday" in your browser and hit enter. We don't need a news article every time there's a regular security patch.The worst part is the headline. You make it sound like ONLY Windows 8/RT/IE10 are getting patched, when in fact it applies to all currently supported versions of both Windows and IE! On top of that the headline doesn't say anything about security. This combination makes it sound like some special emergency patch for Win8/RT and IE10. Which it is not.[/citation]You should know by now, Zak doesn't just post Apple fanboy articles, he finds anything he can about MS and puts a negative spin on it. I'm starting to think he's an Apple employee.

G

beayn, M$ fanboy VS Apple fanboy, I hope you both simultaneously grab eachother buy the necks and throttle yourselves! Linux rules!

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
[citation][nom]JellyBeanFiend[/nom]beayn, M$ fanboy VS Apple fanboy, I hope you both simultaneously grab eachother buy the necks and throttle yourselves! Linux rules![/citation]Eh? Stating a fact does not make one a fanboy of something. Besides, I used to be an OS/2 fanboy.

G

I'm a Type 1 hypervisor fanboy! the only software I want on my PC is a Type 1 hypervisor that can run any OS! I'll take my OS in a tall glass of VM, and the only thing touching the Bare Metal of my PC iron, will be a Type 1 hypervisor!

ojas

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2011
[citation][nom]alextheblue[/nom]This is just regular monthly MS security updates! I can't believe there's a news article on this. Oh wait it's Zak Islam. He's new to computers. Zak: It's called Patch Tuesday. Punch "Patch Tuesday" in your browser and hit enter. We don't need a news article every time there's a regular security patch.The worst part is the headline. You make it sound like ONLY Windows 8/RT/IE10 are getting patched, when in fact it applies to all currently supported versions of both Windows and IE! On top of that the headline doesn't say anything about security. This combination makes it sound like some special emergency patch for Win8/RT and IE10. Which it is not.[/citation]
EXACTLY. You know the funny thing? After the first Patch Tuesday he "reported" on, i wondered in the comments, "Are we going to see this article every month or what?".

Looks like we are :lol:

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
[citation][nom]NoToM$Landgrabbers[/nom]Darkerson,M$ needs to give downgrade rights to new PC buyers and not just downgrade rights to enterprise users! So until M$ stops its monopolistic power grab on PCs it does not directly Brand, The truth will be told!If I purchase a third party built PC, I have the right not to have M$ app store adware/crapware Metro/Modern runtime tacked on to my OS! Apple does not force its closed ecosystem on any hardware it dos not make, so why should it be allright for M$ do do so![/citation]

Or, you know, you could just use the desktop and not use the appstore. Wow, such a hard concept.

troutmask

Honorable
Dec 1, 2012
[citation][nom]Darkerson[/nom]Or, you know, you could just use the desktop and not use the appstore. Wow, such a hard concept.[/citation]

Win8 haters have to pretend that everyone within shouting distance is an idiot, or they'll get nothing done.

damianrobertjones

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
Could someone PLEASE ban the guy that keeps on changing his post name as it 'seems' that there's lots of negative posts but it's all from the SAME person. Pretty much. It gets VERY annoying.

G

Darkerson, I need to be able to have more than two windows open at the same time, I useally have 4 windows open and I am viewing them at the same time for graphics projects! Win 8 will only allow 2 windows to be opened at a time, and no resizing! I need a task bar visable at all times beacuse I am useally running a rendering application, so I need to be able to switch to that task quickly, and I also have about 3 folder windows open to the directory where the rendered frames from the rendering application are spooling, I view these results to see if I need to stop rendering and adjust settings, then sart the rendering over again! So the Desktop in windows 8 has been stripped of to many of the productive aspects of windows 7! I intend to Stay with windows 7, but I need to be able to obtain New Hardware with windows 7 installed! We all Know that it is M$ intent to force its closed ecosystem App Store OS on us all, but the currend M$ management will fail! People need to be productive with their computers! And You can bet your life savings That I am not the Only WIN 8 hater out there!

G

damianrobertjones, M$ Spinion the truth hurts your masters, The MIT Prof said it right, I gift you windows 8, and a free trip to HELL!

G

Darkerson, The Truth is in your face!

NoToM$Landgrabbers

M$ needs to give downgrade rights to new PC buyers and not just downgrade rights to enterprise users! So until M$ stops its monopolistic power grab on PCs it does not directly Brand, The truth will be told!
If I purchase a third party built PC, I have the right not to have M$ app store adware/crapware Metro/Modern runtime tacked on to my OS! Apple does not force its closed ecosystem on any hardware it dos not make, so why should it be allright for M$ do do so!

G

troutmask Capt. Beefheart, gifts you windows 8, and a bad case of rectal Blues! for sullying his good name!

Wamphryi

Distinguished
[citation][nom]ProductivityRules[/nom]Darkerson, I need to be able to have more than two windows open at the same time, I useally have 4 windows open and I am viewing them at the same time for graphics projects! Win 8 will only allow 2 windows to be opened at a time, and no resizing![/citation]

What are you talking about? I just opened up about 20 windows on my desktop (Win 8) without any problems. I can open as many File Management windows as I like by clicking on File New Window and I can have as many program windows open as I like including dragging tabs from Chrome into new windows. If there is an App that intrudes when trying to say watch a video then uninstall the app in question by right clicking on the Metro interface to access the apps available and the default desktop program will take over as the default.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS