Windows 8 to Have Built-in PDF Reader

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimkiler

Distinguished
Apr 4, 2006
Hopefully this PDF reader will not need weekly updates like Adobe acrobat reader. I never understood how a document reader would have so many security holes. Oh yeah cause adobe throws in tools we do not need. I only need to read and print PDF's.

[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]I sense another EU law suit coming if they do this.[/citation]
My thoughts exactly.

Aside from that... Anyone else tired of having to update the heavyweight Acrobat reader application every two days? +1 for Windows 8 (all lawsuits pending).

tburns1

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
Built in PDF reader?!? Whoa!!! NOW we are playing in big leagues!!! Can't wait for Win 8! Can't wait for Win 8! Can't wait for Win 8!

Pure joy-gasm ...

/sarcasm

maestintaolius

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]compton[/nom]Was I the only person on the planet to enjoy the Vista Beta?I never had one single problem with it.From my perspective Vista was fine, and everyone else screwed up. Sloppy drivers and Intel's goofy triple tiered Vista "Ready" program are both deserving of blame.[/citation]
Did you use 64 bit? If so, that's probably why. 64-bit vista rarely gave/gives me problems (and the vast majority of those problems are usually attributable to something I, or a 3rd party, did). 32-bit however, has generally been less well-behaved for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.