Windows 8 Will Color Coordinate Your Desktop

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cybersans

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2009
they suppose getting back so-called "old features" from xp/2003 and put it back to windows 8 & server 2012.

and until now, they still do not allow users to determine their own home path, like unix did. they suppose allow users to put whereever the home path at when first installing, like D:\Home or at C:\ itself but using different name, eg. C:\thisismyhomefolder

Cyex

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2002
[citation][nom]pjmelect[/nom]I wish they would put back in some of the features that Windows XP has that they removed for Vista and Windows 7.[/citation]
What features? I was thinking of upgrading from XP to 7 but now you've got me wondering if it's a good idea.

G

I wish they would stop trying to make it look better, they need to spend the time and money to make it work better.
$15 billion to change the way it looks, $1 dollar spent in performance / stability upgrades.

bv90andy

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]It would be nice if Microsoft would remove support for EXE programs entirely.[/citation]
EXE is kinda only a container, like .avi - there are many programs out there that are written in many different ways, in different languages, yet they all have the .exe for one simple reason: so the WINDOWS can know how it needs to execute it. Mac OS has other means of identifieing the type if a file, besides the extension.

[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]Microsoft should include a scaled down version of Windows 7 in a VM much like Apple did for legacy Mac OS 9 programs with Mac OS X for PowerPC-based computers. The performance impact for Mac OS 9 programs was negligible.[/citation]

Microsoft already has (for many, many years) a "scaled down" version. It is called WoW (windows on windows) and they use this for 16 bit on 32 bit and 32 bit programs on 64bit.

chewbie

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2010
[citation][nom]secolliyn[/nom] i could really care less about making it look better it looks fine now just make it work better[/citation]

most tech-heads are like this - but you couldn't imagine how well 'pretty' and 'flashy' sells to the average consumer.

this is how they perceive upgrades to the OS - this is what they'd shell out cash for.

thebigt42

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]The Giant Napkin[/nom]Urgh... microsoft has been getting inspiration from the wrong places... This really feels like Douglas Adams has been involved in the development of windows 8. "The wheel, ah, we're having a little difficulty there." "Difficulty? It's the single simplest machine in the entire Universe!" "Alright Mr Wiseguy, you're so clever, tell us what colour it should be." Perhaps we'd like a fast and working OS instead of one that can automatically decide which colour it wants to be...[/citation]
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RIGHT! And the Next OS will have the GPP feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS