Question windows 98 for gaming

Apr 14, 2022
I have a windows 98 xp dual boot computer working and lots of games installed I want to sell this locally my question is What should I turn off or uninstall from windows 98 that is no longer useable but was part of windows at the time ?

USAFRet

Titan
I have a windows 98 xp dual boot computer working and lots of games installed I want to sell this locally my question is What should I turn off or uninstall from windows 98 that is no longer useable but was part of windows at the time ?
You personally should do a full wipe and reinstall before you sell it.

The new owner should do the same after purchase.

How much are you planning to sell this for?

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
It sounds like you are trying to sell the computer with the games already installed. Is that correct? It doesn’t seem like anyone would want to buy just the computer alone.

Apr 14, 2022
I don't plan to ask a lot I just want it used by someone who would enjoy all the old games . I not worried about what was on the machine confidentually I thought $ 75 canadian with lots of games . The games will come with the discs and manuals I don't want to reinstall widows too much work and old knowledge and then I would need to ask more for the machine The person should want to play against the AIi and not use the machine for anything else So what parts of windows should be turned off or uninstalled with this senerio?

Last edited:

Cj-tech

Admirable
Jan 27, 2021
I don't plan to ask a lot I just want it used by someone who would enjoy all the old games . I not worried about what was on the machine confidentually I thought $ 75 canadian with lots of games . The person should want to play against the AIi and not use the machine for anything else So what parts of windows should be turned off or uninstalled with this senerio?
If you aren’t worried about confidentiality, you shouldn’t change anything. If you start playing around with stuff, it’s likely to get ruined. If someone does purchase it, they will most likely adjust it according to their wants/needs.

TRENDING THREADS