Windows acting weird keys pressing apps opening

Nov 7, 2021
Out of nowhere my pc suddenly starts acting weird at times. The numlock capslock and scroll lock all light up. A certain mp3 file is attempted to be played sometimes calculator opens browser opens sometimes my default firefox and sometimes edge. If edge opens then its browsed to windows help. In cas3 of firefox it just sits in homepage doesn't browse anywhere. Windows search is opened most of the times and the same sequence of letters are typed (something \0a). Keyboard cant be used during this. And occasionally f11 is typed causing apps to go full screen and this happened 3 to 4 times pc just shut down out of nowhere.
What i have tested and found:
Unplugged the keyboard and run pc for a long time. Still happens the same. Unplugged mouse works same. Did a clean windows install. Still happenning. Run on screen keyboard with phy keyboard Unplugged. Still caps and scroll lock keys turn on and same problem. Can anyone please help or atleast tell me how to proceed solving this problem.
System:
Core i3 540
Intel mobo
Integrated gpu
Windows 10 with linux in dual boot. (Win10 installed in uefi config and linux in bios config)
P.s. i do not normally have a monitor and i use spacedesk network monitor software

Last edited:
Nov 7, 2021
test with different usb port? new keyboard and mouse?
possible the motherboard is failing
Tried different usb ports for both keyboard and mouse. However didn't try another keyboard or mouse. Yes the motherboard issue is possible as it is old but do you think this can be a motherboard issue and not a bios rootkit of somekind or some fixable issue

Nov 7, 2021
test with different usb port? new keyboard and mouse?
possible the motherboard is failing
And i mentioned that the windows on screen keyboard is behaving the same as the physical keyboard and its doing the same when no keyboard is connected. Do you think its still a keyboard issue

TRENDING THREADS