[SOLVED] Windows Bluescreen help

Bl0odmaD

Commendable
Jul 18, 2017
Recently my pc went bluescreen with this error "CORRUPT_MODULELIST_0x124_GenuineIntel". I searched it in google and everyone sasys that it has to do with the CPU not working good or overclocking. So I ran the stress test in Intel extreme utility test for 12 hs and my pc didn't show any bluescreen or error. Here is the screen shot of the result: View: https://imgur.com/upGSeGl
. Also I am not overclocking my cpu and it is in stock mode with every setting in "Auto".
Can somebody please tell me what is wrong with my pc? Thanks in advance.

Solution
what temp you have with hwinfo on the cpu with fans speed and voltages for it open a few web tab to put load on it also for the driver and chipset for board check your board maker link with the os you use .

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
0x124 bugchecks are often related to hardware problems. However other software can cause these bugchecks.

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files: msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually: memory dump file:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

Sometimes the dxdiag file needs to be found and saved manually: In the left lower corner search type: dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Also clean your pc because your temps are quite high and that could cause a problems you have a i7 4770k and TJ Max is 97c your getting pretty high temps also worth noting that a cpu running at 90c wont fry it but anyhting over 80c will shorten its lifespan. Here is good guide on cpu temp https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/

Last edited:

Bl0odmaD

Commendable
Jul 18, 2017
0x124 bugchecks are often related to hardware problems. However other software can cause these bugchecks.

To evaluate the BSOD please post logs for troubleshooting.

Using administrative command prompt copy and paste this whole command:

Make sure the default language is English so that the logs can be scanned and read.

https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/3813-language-add-remove-change-windows-10-a.html

The command will automatically collect the computer files and place them on the desktop.

Then use one drive or drop box to place share links into the thread for troubleshooting.

https://support.office.com/en-us/ar...-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

This command will automatically collect these files: msinfo32, dxdiag, mini dumps, drivers, hosts, install, uninstall, services, startup, event viewer files, etc.

Open administrative command prompt and copy and paste the whole command:

copy %SystemRoot%\minidump\*.dmp "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\"&dxdiag /t %Temp%\dxdiag.txt&copy %Temp%\dxdiag.txt "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SFdebugFiles\"&type %SystemRoot%\System32\drivers\etc\hosts >> "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\hosts.txt"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt"&driverquery /v > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\drivers.txt" &msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\eventlog.txt"&reg export HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\uninstall.txt"&reg export "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Active Setup\Installed Components" "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\installed.txt"&net start > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\services.txt"&REM wmic startup list full /format:htable >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.html"&wmic STARTUP GET Caption, Command, User >"%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\startup.txt"

There is 1 file for you to find manually: memory dump file:

C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP

Use file explorer > this PC > local C: drive > right upper corner search enter each of the above to find results.

Sometimes the dxdiag file needs to be found and saved manually: In the left lower corner search type: dxdiag > When the DirectX Diagnostic Tool opens click on the next page button so that each tab is opened > click on save all information > save to desktop > post one drive or drop box share link into the thread

Also clean your pc because your temps are quite high and that could cause a problems you have a i7 4770k and TJ Max is 97c your getting pretty high temps also worth noting that a cpu running at 90c wont fry it but anyhting over 80c will shorten its lifespan. Here is good guide on cpu temp https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/intel-temperature-guide.1488337/
Here it is: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsB3WBABhZ_o3nOOWUUv_OUIv7UX

Bl0odmaD

Commendable
Jul 18, 2017
you have many old driver in the system up to 2012 and bios from board report as 2013 so check these take a picture with hwinfo sensor page and post it seams like you have some cpu core high temp .
Wich drivers should I update. Is it really necessary to update the BIOS drivers because I am afraid of doing that and mess all my pc.

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Without the DMP file i can't pinpoint the error or problem however ill give you a list of things i recommend to do.
1.Clean your PC thoroughly
2. Run SFC via Cmd(command prompt) Windows+x/cmd admin/ type sfc /scannow
3.Make sure Operating system is up to date/including all drivers
4.Do System restore/reformat
5.Make sure Bios is up to date/Including Chipset drivers you will find these on manufacturer's websites(WARNING! make sure you know what your doing with this look at some forums for info)
makse sure you are getting the right bios/drivers fro your board
6.Remove your cpu cooler clean thermal paste off both it and the cpu re-apply thermal paste and re-seat the cooler

Do these in the order i've writen.
Let me know the results please hope this helps
One added thing your dmp file maybe hidden look at this post and try to find it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ump-file/25c134ff-3240-46db-a517-09de2b44b5fd

Last edited:

Bl0odmaD

Commendable
Jul 18, 2017
Without the DMP file i can't pinpoint the error or problem however ill give you a list of things i recommend to do.
1.Clean your PC thoroughly
2. Run SFC via Cmd(command prompt) Windows+x/cmd admin/ type sfc /scannow
3.Make sure Operating system is up to date/including all drivers
4.Do System restore/reformat
5.Make sure Bios is up to date/Including Chipset drivers you will find these on manufacturer's websites(WARNING! make sure you know what your doing with this look at some forums for info)
makse sure you are getting the right bios/drivers fro your board
6.Remove your cpu cooler clean thermal paste off both it and the cpu re-apply thermal paste and re-seat the cooler

Do these in the order i've writen.
Let me know the results please hope this helps
One added thing your dmp file maybe hidden look at this post and try to find it again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...ump-file/25c134ff-3240-46db-a517-09de2b44b5fd
  1. I already cleaned my pc because I recently change my cpu cooler
  2. I ran it and it says that everything is OK
  3. I have original windows and it always updates itself to the newest version
  4. Shoul I format windows and install it all over again? (why would this might fix the problem if the issue is related to the cpu?)

I did everything it says on that microsoft guide but the memory dump never showed up.

rigger922

Reputable
Dec 7, 2018
Okay try the rest of the stuff you havn't done

One thing that is a red flag to me is your cpu temps and you said you have a new cooler your cpu is running at 79-87c which is hot with an aftermarket cooler i would re-seat your cpu cooler and re-apply thermal paste a pea sized drop no more no less

Last edited:

Bl0odmaD

Commendable
Jul 18, 2017
Okay try the rest of the stuff you havn't done

One thing that is a red flag to me is your cpu temps and you said you have a new cooler your cpu is running at 79-87c which is hot with an aftermarket cooler i would re-seat your cpu cooler and re-apply thermal paste a pea sized drop no more no less
The high temperatures were because I was running a Prim95 test that was for newer intel CPU's and made my processor work harder.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
what temp you have with hwinfo on the cpu with fans speed and voltages for it open a few web tab to put load on it also for the driver and chipset for board check your board maker link with the os you use .

Last edited:
Solution