Question Windows changes color tones by itself

Verderex

Commendable
Mar 14, 2019
I don't know if "tones" is the right word to say this but let say it that way... 2 Days ago I got new monitor ViewSonic XG2401 and I spotted something .When There is darker app over desktop or over browser , app like Discord the colors are getting a bit more lighter into the background. When there is a light thing on the focus like opening a folder the things in the background becomes darker .. or sometimes lighter. It is different. I know its NOT from the monitor because I can clearly see the differences when I open Photoshop and use the ColorPicker. I also sent those to a friend to see if there is a difference and he confirmed that there is a difference in colors when another app is in focus. There are 2 images that I've tested on my desktop. When the window is over the desktop the hair of the girl on my wallpaper is lighter than the color when there is nothing but just a wallpaper on my desktop. Any idea what might cause that? I'm using Nvidia GPU and I haven't seen that before with my old monitor. Also that happens inside my Firefox browser. When the page is lighter lets say the bookmarks buttons down below the address are darker and when I open dark page they become a bit lighter than before.
Image 1
image 2

Turn off dynamic contrast in the monitor settings. It's in the manual settings (look at the pictures in this review for the one titled "MANUAL IMAGE ADJUST").

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/viewsonic-xg2401-24-inch-freesync-monitor,4504-3.html

Newer Intel integrated video drivers have a similar annoying "feature" (you can disable it by turning off the power saving settings). But I don't think I've seen one for Nvidia. Windows also has an annoying auto-brightness setting that causes the same problem, but that's usually only relevant to laptops since it requires a brightness sensor (camera)..

Verderex

Commendable
Mar 14, 2019
The dynamic contrast on monitor settings is turned off. It is not monitor related problem since few people already confirmed that the color is different from 1 another. If it was a monitor problem people woudn't see a difference in colors. I also followed the guide day 1 when I got the monitor. Also tried color calib. switching to different profiles from color mang. NV control panel.. nothing helps.