Windows defender application control

Amaan_2

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015
I removed windows 10 and installed it again using the media creation tool. At first I installed the Windows 10S by an accident and therefore could only access apps from the store. But I decided to redownload the pro version of windows 10 and continue to get the following error when I open a download from the web, access cmd or regedit and many other things:
Your organisation used windows defender
C:\Users\amaan\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe\TempState\Downloads\OriginThinSetup.exe
Contact your support person for more info.

Your organisation used windows defender application control to block this app

and yes i did choose to download windows 10 for personal use and not for an organisation.

I beg for help ASAP plz!!!!!

Solution
Fresh install using custom appears to be your best choice then. You should only have 1 drive in when installing win 10 as it can sometimes put its boot partition on another drive if it sees space there. I would unplug 2nd drive from power before doing the clean install.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you installed it recently, just try doing a reset and it should fix this error?

go to settings/update & security/recovery
choose reset this PC
If its as new PC you shouldn't have much to lose now so choose wipe all.
PC will restart and reinstall win 10 - hopefully fix this

Other choice is just do a fresh install and choose custom, wipe all partitions and make sure no trace of Win 10 S
boot from installer
follow this guide: http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/1950-windows-10-clean-install.html

when you reach the screen asking for licence, click "I don't have a key" and win 10 will continue to install and reactivate once finished

On the screen where you choose where to install win 10, if it gives you an error about GPT drives, delete all the partitions on the hdd and press next. If it still gives error, cancel out of the installer and restart PC and start installer again, it will accept next on that screen this time (some PC just need a restart here)

Amaan_2

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015

I already tried resetting windows numerous times but that didn't work. I have 2 drives and I only erased the drive where window was installed, I didn't erase the other drive. Could this be why I'm getting the error??

No, that would have no effect.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Fresh install using custom appears to be your best choice then. You should only have 1 drive in when installing win 10 as it can sometimes put its boot partition on another drive if it sees space there. I would unplug 2nd drive from power before doing the clean install.

Solution

Amaan_2

Reputable
Nov 16, 2015

Thank you so much!!

Ramesh-TWB

Reputable
Mar 4, 2016

If this happens again, try disabling Secure Boot in BIOS.That seems to work for many users.

Arthur_47

Prominent
May 3, 2017
Hi I have the same issue, tried resetting Windows from Windows and by booting from USB which should provbide a Fresh install but I still can't dowload any application like Chrome. What's the solution??

Colif

Win 11 Master

I would start a new thread as you will get more answers in it.

You can link to this one if you want to. Show link here and I will help.