[SOLVED] windows defender Vs malawarebytes

ahmansour

Reputable
Jul 29, 2019
I have scaned a file by windows defender it found Trojan:Win32/Vigorf.A
and scanned the same file by malawarebytes and didnt find anytrhying what i should do ?

Solution
and scanned the same file by malawarebytes and didnt find anytrhying what i should do ?
Don't worry, technically Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes free do slightly different things, and Malwarebytes is often geared to find a different type of problem. Not all anti-malware are the same.

Just quarantine or remove the virus using Windows Defender and ensure you only visit trustworthy sites / download trustworthy files :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Don't worry, technically Anti-Virus and Malwarebytes free do slightly different things, and Malwarebytes is often geared to find a different type of problem. Not all anti-malware are the same.

Just quarantine or remove the virus using Windows Defender and ensure you only visit trustworthy sites / download trustworthy files :)

Reactions: MPF-Dean
Solution

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
From what I can find the indication is that the file found is a crack tool used for a "torrented" app or program.

Chances are good that if you eliminate that, whatever pirated program you are using it with will quit working.

It can also be adware, so....