[SOLVED] Windows does not detect monitor on HDMI port when another monitor is connected on displayport

Sep 4, 2020
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop on a docking station. When I connect 2 LG monitors to the docking station, one on HDMI port and the other on displayport, the system does not detect the monitor on HDMI port.
If I disconnect the monitor on displayport, windows is able to detect the monitor on HDMI port. How can I connect both monitors and have windows detect them both?

Solution
I encountered this on a Lenovo T440. It turned out that the HDMI and DP on the dock were shared. Only one could work at a time.

The options were to use the docks HDMI or Display port with the laptops side mini DP. The other was to use the dock VGA and DP or HDMI. I went with dock DP and laptop side DP.
I encountered this on a Lenovo T440. It turned out that the HDMI and DP on the dock were shared. Only one could work at a time.

The options were to use the docks HDMI or Display port with the laptops side mini DP. The other was to use the dock VGA and DP or HDMI. I went with dock DP and laptop side DP.

Solution

dimtodim

Reputable
I have a Lenovo Thinkpad Laptop on a docking station. When I connect 2 LG monitors to the docking station, one on HDMI port and the other on displayport, the system does not detect the monitor on HDMI port.
If I disconnect the monitor on displayport, windows is able to detect the monitor on HDMI port. How can I connect both monitors and have windows detect them both?
did u check display settings?