windows does not work

The Windows OS has completely messed up for me. Suddenly everything
dissappeared, such as my icons and my taskbar. Everything was gone. I have
tried hitting ctrl+alt+del but it is to no avail. All I see is my background
and nothing else. I Have tried restarting in Safe Mode, however, after i log
in and such, I am still stuck at the black screen with "Safe Mode" in all
four corners. I cannot go beyond this point. Please Help.

Sorry, can't help legatobluesummer. However, perhaps I CAN GET HELP on my
problem. New to this forum.

Across bottom of screen, there's a Windows "Document3" that I can't open.
Because I can't open it, Windows program will not open. What should I do?
Thank you.

"legatobluesummers07" wrote:

> The Windows OS has completely messed up for me. Suddenly everything
> dissappeared, such as my icons and my taskbar. Everything was gone. I have
> tried hitting ctrl+alt+del but it is to no avail. All I see is my background
> and nothing else. I Have tried restarting in Safe Mode, however, after i log
> in and such, I am still stuck at the black screen with "Safe Mode" in all
> four corners. I cannot go beyond this point. Please Help.

Malke

brendastarr wrote:

> Sorry, can't help legatobluesummer. However, perhaps I CAN GET HELP on
> my problem. New to this forum.

(snip)

You certainly can get help on this "forum", although this isn't a
"forum", it is Usenet. Make a new post for your question (what you did
is called "hijacking" someone else's post and it will prevent both
posters from getting good help). Here are links to help you craft a
good post so you'll know what information to include:

http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

You are using the web interface to these newsgroups, which is awful. Use
a real newsreader instead. Here is information to help you with that:

http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
explanation of newsgroups
http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
- Set Up Newsreader

microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
working properly
http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
crossposting

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com

Thank you, Malke. Couldn't figure out how to post a new message.

Your kind info is pretty heavy duty stuff for me, but will try to fix
through "run" winword.exe/a Could well be a bad template as have stored
several in the last 48 hours.

"Malke" wrote:

> brendastarr wrote:
>
> > Sorry, can't help legatobluesummer. However, perhaps I CAN GET HELP on
> > my problem. New to this forum.
> >

> (snip)
>
> You certainly can get help on this "forum", although this isn't a
> "forum", it is Usenet. Make a new post for your question (what you did
> is called "hijacking" someone else's post and it will prevent both
> posters from getting good help). Here are links to help you craft a
> good post so you'll know what information to include:
>
> http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>
> You are using the web interface to these newsgroups, which is awful. Use
> a real newsreader instead. Here is information to help you with that:
>
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/page3.html#12-09-02 - a brief
> explanation of newsgroups
> http://michaelstevenstech.com/outlookexpressnewreader.htm
> http://rickrogers.org/setupoe.htm
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=/support/news/howto/default.asp
> - Set Up Newsreader
>
> http://aumha.org/nntp.htm - list of MS newsgroups
> microsoft.public.test.here - MS group to test if your newsreader is
> working properly
> http://www.mailmsg.com/SPAM_munging.htm - how to munge email address
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm - multiposting vs.
> crossposting
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

galen

Distinguished
May 24, 2004

In news:53AC9ADA-CD71-4680-9F40-33DBC3B8509F@microsoft.com,
legatobluesummers07 <legatobluesummers07@discussions.microsoft.com> had this
to say:

> The Windows OS has completely messed up for me. Suddenly everything
> dissappeared, such as my icons and my taskbar. Everything was gone.
> I have tried hitting ctrl+alt+del but it is to no avail. All I see
> is my background and nothing else. I Have tried restarting in Safe
> Mode, however, after i log in and such, I am still stuck at the black
> screen with "Safe Mode" in all four corners. I cannot go beyond this
> point. Please Help.

Ah, you did not include this bit in the other group. Well then pound this
into the run slot if explorer.exe doens't do the trick... (See the response
to your other message.) Ctrl + alt + del file > new task > "explorer.exe"
(no quotes) > enter...

"%SystemRoot%\System32\restore\rstrui.exe" (without the quotes) > enter...

Restore to yesterday.

Consider also last known good configuration instead of safe mode.

Galen
--

"Chance has put in our way a most singular and whimsical problem, and
its solution is its own reward."

Sherlock Holmes