Windows doesn't detect my Video Card.

Handbanana17

Reputable
Jul 11, 2015
Okay so I tried to update my video card this morning its an R9 270x series and when I tried to download the latest drivers it stopped during the AMD Display Driver installation and it left my computer to its default settings as if I didn't have a video card. I've tried to install older versions of the drivers but to no avail. I've tried all the solutions the AMD website had to offer but I just believe it made it worse since their auto detect feature doesn't even detect my Video card or my OS. I checked my systems properties and checked the display but my video card doesn't registrar. Also doing a system restore didn't help either. Now I have no where to turn I tried everything that I could think of. Do you guys any advice on my situations? Also if I where to clear everything off my PC and reinstall windows would that even fix the problem? Thank you.
May be worth noting that I have Windows 7 and a AMD 6300 six core processor.

maxalge

Champion
Ambassador

uninstalled all old drivers first?

disabled the built in igpu in the bios and set primary to PEG or auto?

plugged in the monitor to the video card?

plugged all power cables to the video card?

Abhishek Nair

Reputable
Dec 25, 2014
I've got a fix for you.Since its windows 7,

1.Search in the start menu -》Device manager(it has an toolbox as the icon)

2.After opening device manager,find graphics adapters

3.Right click on graphics adapters and Click on Detect new device.(btw there is an option for finding a new device.Windows would search and find the r9 270x since its installed properly into the pci-e slot)

4.Just to cross cheak take a look at the card again or remove it and install again.

5.In the end windows will detect the card and then select it as your primary display adapter.Install all of the latest drivers and boom! :D

**NOTE- You can always check out the above instructions in videos uploaded by many,just google "how to add new graphic adapters in windows"

Hope it helped! :)