Windows domain Login Error

Siddharth Patil

Honorable
Apr 25, 2013
I am getting this error when I try to logon on my system in domain.

windows cannot connect to domain either because the domain controller is down or otherwise unavailable or your computer account was not found . please try again later. If this message continues to appear please contact the system administrator.?

Need resolution apart from re-entering the system in domain.

WinOutreach6

Honorable
Apr 10, 2013
Siddharth Patil,

First, check the status of your domain controller and see if there are any event log errors.

This can also happen when a computer is replaced with another having the same computer name without first removing the duplicate name from Active Directory. The issue can happen right away or after a few successful login attempts. Another cause could be that the computer account in Active Directory was accidentally removed.

Check and make sure neither of the above are the reasons why you cannot log in to the domain. Then log in to the computer in question and make sure the computer name is set properly and then try adding it to the domain again.

More information as well as step by step instructions can be found in this TechNet forum thread.

Mike
Windows Outreach Team – IT Pro
The Springboard Series on TechNet

WinOutreach6, I've edited your post and you already know why. The off-topic part has been removed as will any future attempts to panic XP users into buying expensive products they do not need. It may be necessary for you to register as a business member at Tom's if you continue to post such content.