Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro to Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrHat1

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015
Hi!

So, I have the same intentions as the guy in http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-1946551/windows-embedded-industry-pro-windows.html. I'm able to download several copies of the genuine 'Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro with update' via Microsoft and my school. I'd like to play games, edit videos and do day-to-day things with the computer I want to install it on.

First of all, will I be able to perform the tasks that I mentioned earlier on this version of Windows, and can I upgrade it to Windows 10 for free? Also, if I'm upgrading to Windows 10, will I get an embedded version of Windows 10?

I believe that it is almost the same as the regular Windows 8.1 Pro, however, I don't have any experience with this embedded version. That's why I'd like to have some advise from you!

I'm planning to build a computer with an Intel Core i5-4460 (3.2 GHz) CPU, 8 GB DDR3-1600 RAM, GTX 960 4 GB GPU and a 250 GB Samsung 850 Evo SSD as the main parts. :)

Thanks!

MrHat1

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015

At the moment, I can get a free version fo Windows Embedded 8.1 Industry Pro for free via my school. If there's a way of getting Windows 8.1 Pro genuine cheaply/for free, I'd like to do that. However, I did not find a way of doing so.

USAFRet

Titan

MrHat1

Reputable
Jul 16, 2015

I have a DreamSpark account which has been verified, but I can't find Windows 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10..?

USAFRet

Titan

Well, you'd have to ask your school or MS for that.
But that license would not be valid for the Upgrade to Win 10 either.

Reactions: weibo
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS