Windows error recovery keeps coming up, and OS will not start

Chertz

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hello guys, here's my problem

Every time I start my computer, it comes up in windows error recovery giving me the options to Start windows normally or Use the last known configuration settings but each time I pick either one, it then restarts and does the same thing all over again, giving me the same options. If I choose start using safe mode it starts to load to a certain point and then starts over back in windows error recovery again...

I think this is a hardware problem but I'm not sure with what or if it even is hardware related for that matter, so I'm quite baffled.?

Could it be my RAM or HD?

Please help me with this guys, I'd be really greatful!

Chertz

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Well I have no clue what the problem was but it wasn't hardware related because after I re-installed the OS everything worked fine. It was a very weird issue though.

Even though fixed or surpassed the problem ultimately with the OS installation, I'm still curious as to what caused this so if anyone has any clue please don't hesitate to add to the answer!

sindai

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
HELP! I'm having the exact same problem! I've read online that people have re-installed windows and it helped. But someone told me that it removes everything on the c: drive. I only have a c: drive! I can't lose all my stuff!! i'm so frustrated!

camaro77

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2012
:bounce: Hi Sindai

I had that problem a while back and I had to reinstall the os. However, I could not recover or save anything. If you can save your files on an external hard drive or disc, do so before re formatting your hard drive. This will save you a lot of heartaches and headaches. :D