Windows Explorer vs File Explorer

jdonalds2001

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014
I stay on W7 because the File Explorer of W8/10 is void of many features. In particular the "tagging" features of Windows 7 are GREAT while they totally threw them out the window in File Explorer.

- W7 tags are in the order I typed them. W10 they are sorted alphabetically. Screws up my left-to-right names of people in the photo.

- W7 has 4 panes so I can see the directory tree, files, a large image of a photo AND the file data at the same time. W10 I can switch from photo to data but can't see both at the same time.

- W7 entering tags is the best software I've found. W10 has only 10% of the great features of W7.

- W7 is much easier and quicker to use than the "ribbon" design of W10.

All I want is to port Windows Explorer to W10, then I'll move on to W10. I can live with the other weaknesses of W10.

jdonalds2001

Reputable
Oct 3, 2014

ACDSee is my primary photo editing tool. It has okay editing for tags but nothing as good as Windows Explorer. The same is true for 1/2 dozen other tools I've tried.

jamesp33

Commendable
Dec 13, 2016

Not always, I've used Windows Explorer and found that File Explorer is easier to use. Also, If you wanna add tags go into the properties, Isn't that what you always had to do?