Windows Freezing when booting

Soren_Stroyberg

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
Hey guys

Yesterday my pc crashed for the very first time. Its four years old after all. It happened while in lobby of Rainbow Six Siege. Suddenly, black screen and weird glitch noises. I didn't mind the hiccup and hard restarted the pc. It happened a second time in Rainbow Six Siege again. This time, the pc wouldn't start up at all. It loads, and the right before the login screen is supposed to show, nothing but black screen shows forever. After three retries, windows automatically tries to repair whatever is wrong. But it fails as well. It tells me that C:\WINDOWS\System32\Logfiles\Srt\SrtTrail.txt. This certain log file is broken. I have since then tried a lot of fixes, but without any help. A fresh reinstall of windows did not help either. It happens over and over. Whenever I reinstall windows, it boots up. But as soon as I install more than two programs at the same time, it crashes. After the crash I won't boot. Any ideas? It seems like its a hardware problem, since the problem continues after a fresh install of windows...

Please help

Soren_Stroyberg

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016

I built it myself
CPU - Intel Core i5 4690k
GPU - EVGA GTX 780
PSU - Corsair 750W
RAM - 1866MHz Kingston HyperX
Motherboard - Asus Z97-A
CPU Watercooler - Corsair H110iGTX
C: Drive - 128 G Samsung SSD
D: 1TB Segate
E: 256 GB Samsung SSD

Nothing is overclocked or anything.

Maybe its the CPU that gets too hot and can't handle the load, then crashes. Maybe "its doesn't know its overheating" and thereby not speeding up the fans. Thats my only thought

And no, its not filled with dust. Maybe a little, but not that it would block any airflow. All fans are spinning.

Soren_Stroyberg

Commendable
Sep 5, 2016
rm 750

But dont get me wrong, my pc turns on, but it freezes upon every boot up. Right before the login screen, it freezes. I am able to go in bios, and im able to restore windows, but nothing helps. This problem won't leave me alone