[SOLVED] Windows install issue -- "missing media driver" ?

Sep 7, 2021
Hello, im trying to sell my Lenovo Thinkpad E495 laptop that originally had Windows on it, but I installed Linux and now im trying to reinstall Windows. I have done the usb about every way I possibly could but I always get the "missing media driver" thing. I've tried switching the usb port but that didnt work either.

Since Windows was installed i dont think its a SATA thing and I have tried accessing that setting in the BIOS but I cant find anything on how to get there.
What drivers would i need to put on another usb stick in order to install it?

Thanks for any help.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

I have done the usb about every way I possibly could but I always get the "missing media driver" thing.
Can you elaborate on where you sourced the installers for the OS? Explaining how you fabricated the installer would also help rule out any execution issues on your end.

Use CPU-Z to see what your BIOS version is and then use the serial number for the laptop on Lenovo's support site to corroborate if you have a BIOS update pending. Once your BIOS is updated, go into BIOS, set the first boot device to your USB(making sure USB boot is also enabled in BIOS) and then proceed to install the OS.